Chapter 23: Never Assume it Makes an Ass Out of You and Me

no recap on chap 22... enjoy :)

*************************************

Recap chap 21:

“Lynn, I lied... I never slept with Jessica.” He admitted quietly, before he crashed his lips to mine.

****************************************

Chapter 23: Never Assume it Makes an Ass Out of You and Me

I was lost in his lips and the warm, soft feel of them. They moved with mine in an almost desperate and hungry way. It was a sensation that I had missed, craved even. I moved my hands in his soft brown hair and pulled him closer to me. He grabbed my hips firmly and pulled me onto his lap. I was enveloped in all that he was. His sight, his smell, his touch was all that existed in my mind.

That moment perfect and I was happy. But that moment couldn’t last forever. Reason soon overtook me as I remembered that we were both married. And although I knew that he certainly didn’t mind cheating on his wife, I was not the unfaithful type. Not that Mark didn’t deserve as much, but I couldn’t do that to him and my kids. In a way, I was already cheating because I was kissing someone who was not my husband, and it wasn’t the first time it had occurred.

I felt a pang of shame rip through me as I used all of the strength I had to unfasten myself from his grip. He held me gently on his lap and my hands fell to his chest, lightly pressing against his developed muscles. He stared into my hazel eyes with confusion and doubt. I stared back into his gorgeous brown ones with the same emotions.

I wanted to cry at the realization of what I had done but my mind was only focused on one thing. What the hell was that and what did he mean when he said he lied about sleeping with Jessica? These were the thoughts that were foremost in my mind and they caused me to be crazy with worry and bewilderment.

“Jules, what did you mean?” I questioned softly, not moving my eyes from him. I had to know what he meant by that. There was no way he could not tell me because if I ever needed anything from him, I needed this, this answer.

“Lynn,” He sighed and frowned a little, his eyes lowering in a regretful way.

He was hesitant and it appeared that he was either searching for the way to explain, or searching for a good lie. I really hoped it was the former, because if he lied to me again, my heart wouldn’t be the only thing that was broken. I wasn’t the most violent person, but I hated liars more than I hated assholes. If he lied, I would have no problem breaking my hand while breaking his nose!

“Julien, please explain what you meant by that.” I urged him pleadingly. I waited a few more silent moments while he shifted beneath me and pushed himself back on his elbows so he was half sitting up on the soft picnic blanket.

“I’m going to be completely honest with you and I hope that you will believe me and try to understand.” Julien replied with a weak smile.

He gave the impression of being nervous and somewhat fearful. I let an encouraging smile fall onto my face as I stayed planted on his lap, my legs straddling his waist. It was entirely inappropriate, but I couldn’t tear myself away from him completely. I just wanted a bit more time with him, before we had to end this awkward and fucked up relationship.

I didn’t want to do it, but it had to be done nonetheless.

“I told you that I thought I was in love with you and that it scared me. When I came to your house and broke up with you, I told you I was seeing Jessica.” He started in a voice that was strong and filled with emotion, but what emotion or emotions was hard to discern.