Chapter 27: I Call it Marriage, You Call it Convenient

... because she is an awesome new fan who is totally deserving! She comments & votes on all of my stories & I promised her =D

**********************************

Recap chap26:

“I’m not prepared to follow through on anything until we have a serious discussion.” I remarked sincerely.

I wasn’t going to allow just Julien any more latitude until he explained what was going on between him and his wife.

 ************************

Chapter 27: I Call it Marriage, You Call it Convenient

Julien withdrew from me quickly and walked to the couch in the living room. He settled himself there and motioned for me to join him. I did as instructed; wanting nothing more than to know what the hell was going on. It was quiet for a few moments, before he suddenly blurted out words I never dreamed I would hear fall from his lips.

“My parents thought I was gay.” He remarked and my jaw dropped in response. He may have been a lot of things, a cheater and a cocky asshole, but gay was definitely not one of them.

“What? That’s ridiculous.” I replied, floored by the unbelievable sentiment.

How could they have thought he was gay when his mother caught us having sex once? I was embarrassed beyond belief, mortified, when she came home from work early one day and found me bent over the kitchen table, half naked and him thrusting into me from behind. Yes, we had dirty sex on the kitchen table, but I rather enjoyed it at the time, that is until his mother interrupted. After that, we made a point to be a bit, more discreet.

“Yeah well, I guess they weren’t convinced. They thought they could scare me straight by sending me to some psycho shrink who used some severe tactics to force me out of my ‘gayness’.” He replied bitterly. Wow, this was so not where I thought this talk was headed.

“Jules, why did they think you were gay?” I asked the obvious question with the hint of a mocking smile on my face. Just Julien and gay did not belong in the same sentence. It was quite amusing to see how upset he was by this particular memory.

“After I … left you, I became kind of celibate. I never dated, never showed any interest in girls at all. The last girl I dated was Jessica, and that only lasted for a few months, until I gave up trying to get over you and decided it was best if I was alone.” He explained, but his explanation made no sense. Why wouldn’t he date? How long did he swear off women? This didn’t sound like the womanizing man whore I knew in the slightest.

“They got worried after a while, ten years without a date seemed excessive to them, so they came to the conclusion that I was gay. Being religious like they are, they wanted to force the devil out of me.” Julien scoffed, pretended to be casual, but I could hear the pain and annoyance in his tone as he spoke of his parents.

He was upset, not only that they would mistake him as gay, but also by the way they would have treated him if it were true. I felt bad that he went through something like that. My parents would have been nothing but understanding if I announced that I was a lesbian. Hell, my sister Mary decided to come out and reveal that she was bisexual when she was a teenager and my parents were fine with it. It’s too bad his parents didn’t feel the same.

When his words finally registered, something he said caught my attention and swayed me from my train of thought. I interrupted him before he could continue.

“Wait, ten years. You mean you never dated anyone, for ten years?” I inquired with disbelief.

This did not seem possible. Maybe it was just another lie to get me into bed. Somehow, he seemed sincere though and I believed that he was being honest with me. Maybe it was his tone or the trustworthy and vulnerable look in his mesmerizing brown eyes, but I knew he wasn’t lying. I just need clarification.