Chapter 15: The Tattoo

This is dedicated to twilightgirl for being an amazing fan & sticking with me from the beginning :)

Please check out the pic, it is real & it is mine,.Sorry it is a little blurry, but it was the best pic I had & my camera is not working. The writing on it is as described in the chapter.

Enjoy, Comment & Vote!

*************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 15: The Tattoo

When I woke in the morning I didn’t remember where I was. I fought the haziness that clouded my mind as I tried to piece together just what had happened last night. I looked around and realized that I was in a hotel room. I grumbled and turned onto my back. I became aware that I was only in my bra and panties, which made me wonder just what happened to my clothes.

When I felt a stirring from beside me I froze. Who the hell was in bed with me? I turned to see a gorgeous brown haired, brown eyed man staring back at me. Oh shit! I was in bed with just Julien. Fuck me! What did I do?

I sighed and turned away from him, not wanting to see the disappointment that was clear on his face. I wasn’t sure why it was there, but I was sure that I was the one who put it there.

 I sat up throwing my legs over the side of the bed. I intended to find my clothes, put them on and call a cab to take me to my car in the bar parking lot. I guess my intentions weren’t the same as Julien’s. Before I could even stand up completely, he grabbed my arm and sat me back down.

“Where are you going Lynn?” He asked with a confused and slightly angry tone. I had no idea why that was, but I knew I had loose lips when I was drunk. I could only imagine what I had said to piss him off or get him so upset.

“I’m going home Julien. I don’t remember what happened last night, but I need to go home.” I sighed and once again attempted to get out of bed. Julien’s hold was firm on my waist and he pulled me back down. My back was to him and he sat up to face my back.

“We didn’t have sex if that’s what you’re worried about.” He responded in a tone that I didn’t quite comprehend.

“That’s a relief.” I replied, although I couldn’t convince myself that I believed it was a relief.

“You don’t remember what you said before you passed out?” He questioned while stroking my shoulders with his fingertips. I didn’t like the way it felt. Well, to be honest, I loved the way it felt. I just didn’t want to like it, and I sure as hell didn’t want to be in this position, yet again with Julien.

“No Jules, I don’t remember.” I replied in a whisper. I couldn’t trust my voice to be strong when I felt like I was being ripped apart on the inside. I had no idea what I said and it scared me.

“Who’s Ethan?” He asked in a soft voice that caught me off guard. I hadn’t expected that. Why would he ask that? How would he even know about it? He continued to trace my back when I remembered the tattoo.

In the middle of my back, between my shoulder blades, was a blue Celtic heart, outlined in red. On my right shoulder was a sad faced, purple crescent moon with a tear falling from its eye. On the left shoulder was a happy yellow sun with a smile on its face. Above the heart was written the words ‘Ethan Joshua, May 15’ with the words ‘Forever in our Hearts’ written below the heart in small fancy lettering.

I had it done a few weeks after I lost him. It was what I had to do to move on, to heal, and to forget. Only forgetting and healing were the parts that never happened.