𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter twenty:impending death┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter twenty:
impending death
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

MYSTIC FALLS TENTH CENTURY

IT WAS A STORMY NIGHT, Klaus, Rebekah, and Leviana were in their area of their family hovel. The storm was keeping the sisters' awake and frightened.

"Hush now. It's just a storm. Do not be afraid, I won't let it hurt you." Young Klaus whispered. He went over to a basket, grabbing a man riding a horse, he gave it to Rebekah. "I carved it for father. It's a brave night. Now you can be brave too."

He looked over to Leviana. "And that wrist band, you can take magic from it and calm yourself. And if that doesn't work, close your eyes and sing a happy tune." Leviana smiled at him.

"Will you stay with us till the storm ends?" Young Rebekah asked.

"I will always stay with you, sisters, no matter what."

—PRESENT DAY

"Rebekah! Leviana!" Klaus shouted, successfully instilling fear in the sisters.

"Walk away." Elijah whispered to them.

"Don't move!"

"Leave us now." Elijah urged.

"We can't. We're stuck here." Leviana said.

Klaus started slowly lifted the White Oak stake up from his side, pointing it at his sisters.

"Elijah, he has a White Oak stick." Rebekah's voice shook fearfully.

"I brought it for you two." He taunted, waving it between Leviana and Rebekah.

"Get out of his sight. Your presence here only serves to anger him. Leave him to me now." Elijah demanded.

Leviana and Rebekah immediately sped off in separate directions to avoid being caught.

"Hello?" The voice on the other line said.

"Hayley." Leviana said with a tone of relief.

"Lev? Are you okay?" Hayley rushed out.

"Oh, you know. Well, let's see. I'm trapped in a cemetery, my brother might kill me and my sister, for real this time, and I can't do anything about it." Leviana said, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"You're scared." Hayley stated.

"Am not." She lied.