𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter twenty three:harvest girls┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter twenty three:
harvest girls
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"ENOUGH WITH ALL THE RACKET!" Klaus shouted, with Genevieve and Leviana trailing him.

"Is there a problem, brother?" Elijah asked innocently.

"Well, yeah. It's 10 a.m. and you're doing... what are you doing?" Leviana asked.

"I agreed to a general sprucing up, not a blood three-ring circus." Klaus complained as he walked down the stairs. Leviana and Genevieve followed after.

"Marcel and his minions abused our home for the better part of a century. Now, you two might be content to live in squalor, I'm not." Elijah shrugged.

"I agree with your brother." Genevieve announced. "It's a new era in the French Quater. This place could use a makeover."

"Careful, Elijah. When this one agrees with you, it's a sure sign she wants something." Klaus told Elijah.

"Actually... I do have a request. I'm told my coven hasn't been able to celebrate feast days in the open since Marcel restricted the use of magic. Now with the new peace, I'd like that to change."

"Am I to assume you have a certain feast day in mind?" Elijah sighed.

"The Fete des Benedictions. Feast of Blessings. In the past, members of the community offered the witches gifts in exchange for blessings. We'd like it to use it as a forum for introducing our young Harvest Girls to society."

"So your coven attempted to destroy my family and you yourself held my siblings in unspeakable torment. And you would like a party for the witches." Elijah said in a calm tone.

Leviana chuckled, "one witch doesn't define them all, Elijah," She said, referring to herself, "I think this party could be good for everyone. Solidify the witch alliance, have a good time. It's a win-win." She used her hands to represent a scale.

"I made my amends with your brother," Genevieve spoke airily, Leviana cringed, "your sister and I, we can... tolerate each other to an extent. Why don't you think it over?" She looked to Leviana. "Maybe she can talk you into it, she is part witch. This could be good for her."

They all watched as Genevieve walked out of the compound with different looks. Elijah, surprise. Klaus, lust-filled. Leviana, disgust.

"Oh, don't be such a stiff, Elijah. The tourist love a good festival. Besides, what a better way to cement the solidarity then a show of faith toward a onetime enemy?" Klaus smirked.

"A onetime enemy with whom you've grown rather nauseatingly intimate." Elijah said.

"Finally! Someone agrees with me." Leviana laughed.

"Who said maintaining alliances can't be fun?" Klaus defended.

"One would think you'd be a little more interested in attending to the needs of the mother of your child."

"So she's the reason behind this oh-so-thoughtful renovation. Brother, sister, the truth is the mother of my child is werewolf royalty. She's far safer in the bayou with her pack than she would ever be here with us."

Leviana scoffed. "She'd be safer with the pack that hates you? Who hates us? Anyone on this Earth who wants to get back at you for something you've done can easily find her, get to her, and kill her and the entire pack! If she were here... they wouldn't get to her, we'd be able to actually protect her."

"Don't worry I'll bring her home before the birth. No child of mine will be born in a swamp!"

Leviana was out in the bayou, trying to convince Oliver, Jackson and Hayley to come to the witch festival.

"Your people are uniquely poised to set an example for the rest of the French Quarter. Which is why it's important for the wolves to attend." Leviana said to the three wolves.

"Thanks but no thanks?" Hayley said in disbelief.

"Let's here the girl out." Oliver sighed.

"The witches are the ones that cursed your pack. And they've been nothing but crap to me since I first came to town. No. We're not going." Hayley scoffed.

"It's a new day in the Quarter, Hayley." Jackson sighed, "I agree with Oliver. If we're gonna coexist, we have to play ball. We'll send a representative with a gift."

Leviana watched from the sidelines as Davina and two other Harvest Girls were carried out on chairs like queens. They were led to a stage so they could display their magic to the tourists and the factions.

"Now, in accordance with the Fete des Benedictions, the witches of New Orleans bless you all." Genevieve spoke from her spot in front of the stage.

The Earth sign was first. Monique Devereaux lifted up to of her hands and made the ground beneath everyone shake. Leviana siphoned some of it, but it wasn't as bad as the day Davina was sacrificed. Monique put her hands down and stopped shaking the ground.

The wind sign was next. A girl in a white dress put her hands up and made the wind violent. People gasped and chattered among themselves out of excitement. The girl out her arms down, making the wind calm.

Davina was up. She turned around to an unlit sign and lifted her arm up. In less then a second, the sign started lighting up. The humans clapped and cheered for the witches. After a second, fireworks started to fill the sky.

Leviana went to go wait at the gate where the faction leaders and their people would be entering. She saw Elijah talking to Genevieve before they walked off. She went over to where Elijah was just standing, closed her eyes and leaned her head against the wall.

She heard someone coming to a stop in front of her, so she opened her eyes and was met with the familiar beautiful face. "Strange. I thought you'd be in the company of your colorful friends."

"You asked a representative for the werewolves, so... take me or leave me." Hayley challenged.

Leviana smiled and held out her arm for Hayley to take. Hayley took Leviana's arm into hers. They made their way to the main party.