𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗜𝗫

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter twenty six:eve┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter twenty six:
eve
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

BY THE TIME LEVIANA WOKE UP, more of the bombs went off. She was to focused on the ringing in her ears to worry about anything else. Except for Hayley.

"Hayley?" She called out. "Hayley?"

"Sister," Elijah ran up to her. He held out his hand for her to take. "Elijah, what happened? Where's Hayley?"

"There was a bombing, Hayley is fine." Leviana looked around at the damage. She was overwhelmed with the amount of blood she could smell. Elijah took her hand and led her to a cabin with the injured wolves.

She looked around the cabin. People had broken bones, bloody clothes. Some of them were on death'd doorstep.

"Is this the peace you promised?" Jackson said as he got up from helping one of the wolves. Elijah looked down to the floor in guilt.

"Oh, would you please shut up, Jackson? This wasn't our fault." Leviana groaned.

"I gather my brother and sister believe they can remove your curse." Elijah said in a hushed tone.

"Leviana and Klaus were offering us freedom not just from the pain that comes with turning, but the contempt we've faced our whole lives." Jackson ranted.

"And what about Hayley?" Elijah asked as he handed Jackson a handkerchief.

"Want to make this place right for her, safe for her and the baby."

"And you think the very swamp that just blew up multiple times in a row is safe for her and the baby?" Leviana scoffed, "If one compelled human could do this much damage, what do you think an army of vampires or witches in complete control could do?"

"They are counting on our doubts!" Oliver yelled to the crowd, earning cheers from most of the wolves. "They are counting on our fears!"

Hayley approached Elijah and Leviana in the woods. "You guys stayed."

"Come morning, they will know that we are not cowards!" Oliver shouted in the background.

"What is going on? What is he doing?" Hayley questioned.

"He's making a move for power in the wake of tragedy." Elijah told her.

"It's smart." Leviana said.

"How's using tragedy to take power smart?" Hayley asked in disbelief.

"He's angry. They're angry. People's children were hurt, loved ones got hurt, people died. He's using his anger to get them on his side." Leviana said nonchalantly. "If I was making a move for power, I'd probably do the same."

"He's not alone." Elijah stated, ignoring his sister's last comment. "There was another attack after you left."

"What?"

"Your friend Jackson will need your help. They will want vengeance.. blood for blood.. and, unfortunately, in troubled times, people do not look for the best.. but rather the loudest."

authors note, i'm sorry that this chapter is a hell of a lot shorter than usual, i thought that there was more of the episode than there really was.

also next chapter is going to be more on leviana's past and her relationship with mikael because i think that could be interesting.