𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter twenty seven:sweet dreams┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter twenty seven:
sweet dreams
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

—MYSTIC FALLS 984 A.D.

MIKAEL PULLED OUT A SWORD from its scabbard. He held the sword out on his hands, "do you know what this is?"

"It's a sword." Leviana nodded.

"Not just any sword, the sword I used when I was a bit older than you. My father taught me to fight with it, and now.." He put the sword in Leviana's hands. "Now, it it my turn to teach you the same."

Mikael had spent the day teaching Leviana basic fighting techniques that she could put to use for the rest of her life. He mainly taught her this to protect herself, but also because he was trying to make her strong. Not strong in a sense of lifting heavy objects, but strong to fight off viruses. He lost one daughter to a disease, he didn't want to loose another one to a disease or worse: someone killed her because she wasn't strong enough.

Leviana arrived at the funeral and looked around for anyone familiar. She saw Hayley and her brother's talking to each other with troubled looks.

"Why are you all in a sour mood?" Leviana asked in a cheery tone as she sat down next to Klaus.

"Have you been having nightmares about father?" Elijah asked, causing Leviana's smile to fall.

"Nightmares? No." She frowned, "although, I did have a dream about the day father gave me his sword. But it wasn't a nightmare."

Klaus turned to Leviana, "father's favoritism for Leviana strikes again!" He sassed as he started drinking from the tequila bottle, "you know, maybe his affection for you will give him pause in haunting the lot of us."

"The fact that he cared for me is not my fault!" He shot back.

"Nothing ever is."

Leviana stared at him blankly for a moment. She used her magic to turn the tequila to wolfsbane, causing Klaus to look at her with anger. She simply kept her expression blank, "you want to drive people away? You want to sit here and drink yourself to a temporary death and dread on the fact that he didn't care? Fine. But don't pin your unhappiness all on me." She snapped before slamming her hands down on the table and storming off. Elijah sighed.

"You do a marvelous job at driving people away, Niklaus."

(not sure of this is appropriate for a funeral, I've never actually been to one)

The day of Father Kieran's wake had arrived. Leviana walked through the crowded streets trying to find her brothers. Once she found them she heard Hayley complaining about how she felt, "a hundred months pregnant and pissed off at the world?"

"What I think they meant to say was that you look lovely." Leviana said as she put herself next to Elijah.

Hayley looked down and blushed, "thanks."

"Do you think I was the target of those bombings?" Hayley asked.

"Of course you were the target." Klaus replied. "Were I to wage a war on the wolves, you'd be my first kill. I would string you up for all your worshippers to see."

"I believe that was my brother's way of telling you he'd like you to return home with us." Elijah suggested. "Perhaps try a different approach, Niklaus, with fewer references to murder."

"Please murder is all Klaus knows. Whether it be murdering innocent people for his own gain, to murdering his siblings and keeping them in coffins while he fakes his death." Leviana said nonchalantly.

Klaus gave her a look of disbelief. "Are you ever going to let me live that down?"

"Not unless hell suddenly freezes over." The heretic quipped.

"As much as I would hate to throw you over my shoulder and drag you kicking and screaming to the compound, we both know I will for the sake of my child." Klaus changed the subject.

"One bad dream, and suddenly you want to be a responsible daddy!" Hayley snarked.

Klaus out his arm over Hayley's shoulder, "let me put this in perspective. My father lived to torment me. It is not my intention to become him. This cycle of misery ends with my child."

"You forgot one thing—" She pushed Klaus' arm off of her, "—in your attempt to plead your case. She's not your child. She's ours." Hayley stormed off into the crowd.

"Very heartfelt, Nik. Look at my eyes. They are just brimming with tears." Leviana said as she used her hands to point to her eyes.

"Shut up."