𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

(3x09 — i skipped 3x08)┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter fifty eight:never ┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

(3x09 i skipped 3x08)
┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter fifty eight:
never
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

LEVIANA HUNG A GOLD ORNAMENT ONTO THE CHRISTMAS TREE SHE HAD PLACED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE COMPOUND. In the background, instrumental Christmas music played. She hummed to herself and continued to hang ornaments.

"Do they, like, pay you?" Cami asked the woman who was pouring her blood into a glass.

"Handsomely," Klaus chirped, "and with a generous Christmas bonus. Isn't that right?" He asked the woman. She smiled and nodded.

As he took the glass from her, and as she walked away, Cami asked, "So you just compel her to nod and agree with whatever you say?"

"I compel her to feed me, and if I wanted, to hang the occasional Christmas ornament, but Leviana insists on doing it herself." Klaus dramatically sighed.

"I'm the only one who can hang them the right way." Leviana shrugged.

"There is no right way, all you have to do is place an ornament here, an ornament there . . ."

"Nik, you truly know nothing about Christmas trees." She deadpanned, and Cami laughed.

"You seem better." Klaus noted.

Cami tightly smiled, "yeah. Thank you for letting me stay here for the past couple days. And giving me space to not talk." She chuckled. "Why didn't you go with Elijah to help Rebekah? I hope it's not to stay and baby sit me."

"It's not a good idea for he and I to spend hours together in confined spaces. Given that the prophecy foretells one family member felling another."

Cami sat forward, "you don't think he would hurt you."

"I don't know what to think." He sighed, "that damn fortune teller's predictions continue to unfold, despite all our efforts."

Cami's phone began to vibrate. "It's Vincent. I have to go."

HAYLEY HAD CALLED LEVIANA AND INFORMED HER OF WHAT HAPPENED TO FREYA. She had gotten jumped by Strix vampires, and on top of that, Rebekah's mind was poisoned by a dagger.

"Give me the bad news, Doc." Rebekah sighed.

"Aya's sake was cursed. It infected you. As this mark gross, you'll go mad." Freya stated. "Left untouched, you will become a relentless, unstoppable ripper."

"Aya always was thorough."

"Strix always employ a safeguard." Elijah said, "in the event that we were successful at retrieving your body, you were cursed."

"She won't be hard to find if she's on a rampage." Leviana pointed out. "How do we fix this, Freya?"

"Look." Freya said, not taking her eyes off the dagger. "The spell was carved here. We can reverse it, I just... need some time, and a hell of a lot of magic." She tried to stand, but she lost her balance, but Elijah to caught her and laid her down on the couch.

"She was fine. Hayley healed her." Jackson shook his head.

Leviana narrowed her eyes on Freya's neck. It had looked as if she'd been stabbed. "The scratch wasn't healed. This is poison."

"She's waking up." Hayley noted.

"You okay?" Elijah asked.

"I feel weak." She said.

"Those vampires must've stabbed her with something." Jackson stated, rubbing his forehead.

"So, the Strix are fond of the slow acting poison." Leviana sighed, "there's an antidote. There has to be."

"There is." Elijah nodded, "if I can get my hands on it." He pulled his phone from his pocket and walked away.

Freya held Rebekah's wrist, "and for this, I'll need a pure silver knife, some white musk root."

Hayley turned to Jackson. "I'll get the knife."

"I'll track down the root." He said.

"Freya, you can barely lift a feather." Leviana said, "you can't save the world right now. Let me do it."

"I'll channel Finn." Freya took a deep breath.

"Oh, lovely." Rebekah scoffed, "my fate rests in the hands of our black sheep of a brother that we have trapped in a necklace. I'm sure he's just leaping to help."

"Well, no offense sister, but besides me, he's the most powerful witch here. And if I channel him, there is less risk of him siphoning me to death." Freya took the dagger and stood up.

Is that really what they think of me?

"Well, what am I supposed to do?" Leviana asked as Freya walked away.

"When the time comes, I'll need your help to remove the curse on Rebekah."

"I thought I couldn't help with that."

Freya walked back to Leviana, grabbing her hand and allowing her into her thoughts, "I'll need someone to hold her down."