𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter forty one:wrong side┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter forty one:
wrong side
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"THAT IS JUST NOT MY CHIN, NIK." Rebekah complained, now in the body of Eva Sinclair. "It was much more delicate."

"The only thing delicate about you, sister, is your ego." Klaus mused, earning a snort from Leviana.

"Placed beside the behemoth size of yours, certainly." Rebekah snarked.

"Could we dispense with this fascinating dispute for a moment and return to the subject of our lost sister?" Elijah impatiently asked over the phone.

"There's not much to discuss. She said she was Freya then darted off into the night." Rebekah sighed.

"You believe her?" He asked.

"I met the girl in a mystical looney bin." She deadpanned. "She could be anyone, telling any lie. But she did seem familiar somehow."

"And how is she still alive?" Klaus asked with a roll of his eyes. "A question as ridiculous as its possible solutions given this family's annoying predilection for cheating death."

Leviana opened her mouth to make a remark, but Klaus stopped her. "And Leviana, if you mention how I left you in a box as I cheated my own death, you will find yourself back in that state."

Leviana nodded to herself, mumbling a small 'yeah'.

"I'm just telling you what she said." Rebekah said with annoyance.

"Did you happen to ask if by some miracle, our Aunt Dahlia lives as well?"

"I barely had the chance to—"

"On the list of questions, it'd be nice to know if the woman who placed a curse in the first-borns of this family is still breathing air!"

"Let me just turn back time and do it again for your liking!"

"Enough. Both of you." Elijah calmly stopped the bickering. "If she is who she says she is, we'll find out soon enough. It is imperative no one learns of Hope's existence. This has been our salvation thus far."

"Unless Hayley's husband-to-be starts flapping his gums." Klaus smirked. "I should take preventative measures and separate him from his head."

"Jackson will do nothing to jeopardize that wedding."

Rebekah scoffed. "Hayley's getting married?" Leviana's inability to maintain eye contact gave Rebekah her answer. "What in the hell else did I miss?"