𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter forty seven:the witch has arrived┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter forty seven:
the witch has arrived
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"ISN'T THAT THE POINT OF A FORTRESS?" Klaus exclaimed. "It does a better job protecting you if you stay within its walls."

"Okay, we get it." Hayley said with irritation. "Let's just figure out what we're going to do."

"What I would like to do is take a strong leash—"

"Children, please. Niklaus, your ire is justified, however Hayley is quite right." Elijah interrupted. "We need to find a new strategy. Freya, if you please."

The witch sighed, "the spell you described. Dahlia calls it 'kenning'. Using proxies to watch her enemies from afar. But I've never seen it done on quite this scale."

"Awesome." Hayley said sarcastically. "So basically every hurricane-chugging, boob-flashing tourist on Bourbon Street is a potential spy."

"The good news is I know a little about how her magic works." She said, glancing down to the tray of tea in front of her. "This tonic will at least prevent her from using any of us."

Rebekah handed Leviana a cup and then grabbed one for herself. "Well, come on. Should work like a charm. Bottoms up."

Leviana watched hers carefully. She knew that there was a higher chance of this actually working than there was of it being something that could be used against them but she didn't make a big deal about it when she decided not to drink.

Elijah sighed. "Niklaus, is there something you wish to contribute?"

Klaus shrugged. "I prefer biscuits with my tea."

"Of course." Elijah whispered to himself.

"Besides, our minds are far too strong to be invaded by kenning spells." Klaus defended. "No, what we've experienced was a test. Dahlia's been watching to see how we respond to aggression. She's preparing for battle. My guess is sooner rather than later."

"If she was watching us she'd know we have a our own army." Hayley pointed out.

"She also knows where we are." Elijah added, "given the immense nature of her power, we simply have no idea what to expect. What we need is to create a new stronghold, something that Dahlia knows nothing about. A sanctuary from witchcraft."

"So, to simplify, you want to turn some random building into a anti-magic safe house." Leviana deadpanned.

"That would be correct."