𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter thirty three:the monster lies within┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter thirty three:
the monster lies within
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"SO . . . WHICH RESTAURANT'S MISSING A COMPELLED CHEF?" Hayley asked before popping a grape in her mouth, Klaus and Leviana walked down the stairs.

"Certainly a card I've played in the past, but I had no hand in this." Klaus replied, the two other people turned to Leviana, who shook her head.

"Hmm. Then I guess we have Elijah to thank." Hayley said, on cue, Elijah walked down the stairs.

"This wasn't my doing." He said. Leviana started eating some of the pineapples, ignoring the looks she was getting.

"Then where the hell did all this come from?" Hayley asked just before a lid on one of the dishes began to rattle, causing Leviana pause in the middle of chewing the pineapples and slowly swallow them.

Klaus pulled the lid off the dish. Birds flew out of the dish, the plate was empty, minus the note that was left inside.

"What the hell was that?" Hayley gasped. Leviana moved next to Klaus. He picked up the letter that read, Dinner, your home, 8 pm.

"An invitation from our mother." He stated.

"She invited us to dinner at our own home, and she wants us to plan it?" Leviana scoffed, "how rude."

Somehow, Klaus, Leviana, and Hayley found themselves in one of the spare rooms.

"It's times like this I'm really glad I never knew my mother." Hayley sighed.

"We have enough enemies here. And now the war for our home is to be fought against my own family." Klaus ranted.

"They are apart of this family or they are an enemy of this family. They chose the second option." Leviana said simply.

"Your wretched mother and her disciples tried to put a knife through Hope's heart. I will happily add to the body count." Hayley said, causing Klaus and Leviana to smirk.

"You will do no such thing." Elijah spoke up, entering the room, making Leviana's face fall.

"Elijah, now's not the time to give us a morality lecture." She sighed.

"Esther's a master in the art of possession. We know whose body she currently inhabits. We must decipher her intentions before she finds a host." Elijah explained.