𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗜𝗫

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter sixty six: was it the boogeyman?┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter sixty six:
was it the boogeyman?
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"AFTER ALL THAT FLIRTATION . . . THIS IS YOUR IDEAN OF A FIRST DATE?" Freya mused as Lucien practically dragged her through the woods.

"Think of it as a date with destiny, love." He laughed. "Though, I admit, four is a crowd. Vincent is a necessary evil, I'm afraid here to keep you in check should you misbehave. Leviana will make herself useful."

"Yeah, you're leaving out the part where I ain't exactly here of my own volition, man!" Vincent said angrily as he carried an unconscious Leviana. "The Ancestors must have lost their damn minds!" They made Vincent put her under a strong sleep spell.

"Quite the opposite!" Lucien smiled. "I've never dealt with a saner bunch. See, when I arrived in New Orleans, I made them a deal. Upon my request, they would grant me access to the Regent and, in exchange, I'd provide for them a world without the Originals. Didn't take much convincing. They do despise your family."

Lucien stopped. "Ah . . . We're here."

"Yeah, but where the hell is here, man?" Vincent questioned.

"How disappointing!" Lucien laughed. "Two powerful witches who cannot sense when you're treading on hallowed ground? Welcome . . . to Mystic Falls. The place where it all began. Where Esther Mikaelson created the vampire species. Under the shade of the infamous white oak tree, she crafted the spell that turned each of her children . . . And I mean to replicate that spell. I have everything I need to become what I deserve to be."

"You want to become an Original." Vincent concluded.

Lucien scoffed. "Do I look like the sort who'd settle for some shoddy Original model? I intend to be an upgrade."

"You're insane to think I'd ever help you craft any spell." Freya spat.

"Oh, no, no, no. You misunderstand. Vincent will handle the spell."

"From you . . ." Lucien grabbed her arm, his fangs showing. "I need something a bit more intimate."

AFTER NEARLY DRAINING FREYA INTO A BOWL, LUCIEN HAD BEEN TAKING BLOOD FROM LEVIANA'S WIRSTS AND PUTTING IT INTO THE SAME BOWL. Vincent had woke her up. He watched in horror as Leviana grew paler. If she was a human, she might've been dead. "Okay. Okay, man, that's enough!"

"Huh. Right you are." Lucien quipped. "That should just about do it." He pushed her aside, next to Freya. "There's a spell that needs doing, lest the Ancestors melt that precocious little brain of yours."