𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter five:the returned┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter five:
the returned
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"I DONT CARE IF WE HAVE TO GET YOU A LEASH, THAT WAS YOUR LAST TRIP TO THE BAYOU." Rebekah sighed, pouring herself a cup of scotch. "What is it with you and those wolves anyway?"

"I feel like we're connected somehow. I don't know, maybe it's just some pipe dream that I have of finding any real family out there, but sometimes when I feel like it's me against the world, it keeps me going." Hayley answered with an upset tone.

Forgetting about Hayley's pregnancy, Rebekah noticed her upset expression and tried to give her bourbon to help. "Oh, right." She mumbled.

"Well, if you ask me, family is a pain in the behind, and as for being in it alone, how dare you? I don't ruin a perfectly fabulous pair of boots traipsing through the bayou for just anyone. And Lev over there sure doesn't go through all of this for just anyone either." She said glancing toward her sister.

She let out a scoff, "I'm going to be completely honest, I do go through things like this to protect people," She got up and made her way to Hayley. Hayley looked down at her feet and blushed. She looked back up and met Leviana's eyes. The two stayed like that for what felt like an eternity until Klaus barged through the door.

She cleared her throat and looking away from the wolf. "Nik! Finally what—" She was interrupted by Elijah walking through the door. She gave him a smile, which he returned and Rebekah ran over to hug him.

"You're safe. Now that you're home, is your first plan to kill Niklaus?" Rebekah beamed. Elijah saw Hayley leave and decided to follow after her.

"Where's he going?"

THE NEXT DAY, ELIJAH AND KLAUS SAT IN THE LIVING ROOM, READING OLD BOOKS.. Leviana had chosen to do the same but in the privacy of her own room, she was reading a poem about how everything dies. Reading about death, it was depressing, sure, but to her, it was just the story of her life.

A knock at her door disrupted her reading, after telling whoever it was to come in it had turned out to be Hayley.

"Ah, my favorite wolf." Leviana joked.

"Everyone's out. Elijah said that you had to sit here and babysit me, which I find completely unnecessary." Hayley stated. "Anyway I just wanted to tell you... what are you reading?"

"A poem called, Forever Not Yours. A person in love hoping to never see the person they love again again. Not even in death." Leviana explained. Not wanting to talk about such a depressing topic she shook her head and changed the subject. "Anyway, how do you feel about being in New Orleans?"