𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗬 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter sixty eight:camille o'connell ┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter sixty eight:
camille o'connell
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

LUCIEN HAD BITTEN CAMI. She arrived at the compound in a sweat, panicking, and completely terrified for her life. Everyone who had been in the compound that day knew Cami wouldn't survive the day.

"Hold still. This is going to burn." Klaus warned as he placed a cloth on the bite.

Cami gasped. "Ow, ow, what is that?"

"It's a healing salve." Freya spoke up. "Motherwort, white willow bark, the recipe's over a thousand years old."

"So the good stuff, huh?" Cami tried to joke.

"It will ease the pain, dull the symptoms, but it won't stop the infection."

"So I'm screwed?"

"We're gonna do everything that we can, Cami." Hayley assured her.

"To that end, a little assistance." Elijah said, walking into the room with Vincent.

"Cami, I'm so sorry." Vincent apologized.

"You should be, this is your fault." Klaus stood from the sofa abruptly. "It was you who turned Lucien into a beast."

"Klaus, stop. It's not his fault." Cami frowned.

"Cami's right. We all need to work together to fix this." Hayley said.

"What about his blood?" Leviana spoke up. "Lucien has always been obsessed with Klaus, so much so that he'd want to be exactly like him. So, if Klaus' blood can cure werewolf and hybrid bites . . ."

"Do you think his blood can save her?"

"It makes sense. Lucien would want that power." Elijah nodded.

"Allowing him to Lord himself over his victims." Klaus agreed.

"Okay, so we got a working theory, now we gotta test it." Vincent stated.

"Lucien's blood is all over my apartment, I sliced him all to hell before I ran." Cami panted.

"Okay, I got this one, Lucien's got no reason to be on the lookout for me." With that, Vincent was gone.

"Maybe we hedge our bets." Hayley said. "Hope is a Mikaelson witch who carries the wolf gene, we already know that she's got healing powers."