𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter forty four:dahlia ┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter forty four:
dahlia
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

LEVIANA WALKED INTO THE DINING ROOM OF THE COMPOUND AS ELIJAH AND KLAUS TALKED. But they fell silent when they saw her.

"I don't want to talk about it." She said immediately. "I just want to go on with my life, figure out a way to bring him back, keep Hope safe. That's it. So from now on, we aren't speaking about his death unless I bring it up. Got it? Thanks." She smiled, sitting down next to Elijah, who was carefully watching his sister.

She wanted to tell them about what Freya showed her, but there were more important things going on.

"Regardless on the off-chance Freya has some information that could protect my daughter I prefer she share it on my terms." Klaus continued his argument with Elijah as Freya walked in. "Ah, I think I hear her now. Sister. Well, come in. Make yourself comfortable."

Despite everything that was going on, Freya looked genuinely happy to be there.

Klaus handed her something.

"This witch hoop, it's Danish." Freya stated. "Is it from when you all lived in Copenhagen in the 1500's?"

"Quite the eye." Klaus replied smugly.

"Are we here to discuss family heirlooms, or do we have more pressing concerns?" Elijah pressed.

"Please excuse my brother's lack of decorum." Klaus said. "He's been in a foul mood as of late. But he is right. I did ask you here in the hopes that you would share some of Dahlia's secrets."

Freya looked disappointed. Was she hoping that they wanted her here because they wanted to know her? Most likely.

"So without further ado, let's get to it." Klaus smiled, sitting down at the head. Freya sat across from Leviana.

"The first thing you should know is that Dahlia is the most powerful witch I have ever seen. She craves more power still. Right now, she is like me, limited to one year of life in a century. She wants to be free of that restriction to gain true immortality. That is why she will come here, drawn by your daughter, to take the child's and Leviana's power for herself. She will kill anyone who would defy her."

"And yet you would defy her." Elijah sighed.

"I don't have a choice. She will never let me be free." Freya said sadly. "My one chance is to align with you and kill her."

"Well, now that we're all suitably motivated, let's talk specifics." Klaus chirped.

"For you to understand... I need to start from the beginning. After taking me from my family, Dahliah used me to forge a new brand of connective magic. One that augmented my power even as it allows her to draw from me. Once we were bonded, Dahlia became unstoppable. She wasted no time proving her might."