Greed Island - Chapter 9

Gon, Bisky, Lynn, and I sat on a log while the guy sat down on the ground against a tree, explaining about the Bomber, who turned out to be the tall guy with the blond hair, called Genthru.

"So he was the Bomber?" Bisky asked, shocked from hearing everything about him.

"The others are back in our hideout, waiting for him to disarm the bombs. They believe the terms he gave them, but I'm not as convinced. I'm betting that he's bluffing." The guy explained.

"Now what? What can we do?" Gon asked, turning to Bisky.

"We know who the Bomber is now, but we can't let him go around placing bombs on several players. Something needs to be done." Lynn stated firmly.

"I don't know. If they are prepared to accept casualties—" Bisky started, but the guy cut her off.

"That won't happen." We focused our attention back to the guy as he explained more. "The very first ones to jump him will be the ones to be sacrificed first. Who would ever volunteer for that role?"

"Good point." Lynn muttered.

"Out of all of us, Jispa was the most proficient in combat, and he was defeated instantly. We were already doomed at that point. And allowing Genthru to leave the game was a fatal mistake. We foolishly began to celebrate before we could verify each member's cards and assign roles. And that was when he caught us off guard. I hate to say it, but...I was so distracted that I didn't even notice him using Leave until it was already too late."

"You were probably focused on understanding his explanation. Perhaps that's why." Bisky pointed out.

"Yeah. We were thrust into that situation without any warning at all. We were all too stunned to take any action." He stated.

"I see. But may I ask why you're telling us this?"

"Out of everyone I met on this island, I believe you're the ones I can rely on the most. And if you run into other players, I beg you to tell them all about the Bomber. If they know how his ability works, they should be able to protect themselves. And if you can, I want you to avenge us! At the very least, do not let him clear the game!"

The Bomber sounds like a dangerous enemy. We have to be aware of his actions and stop him from beating the game. I can't let more players lose their lives to that so-called bastard!

I nodded in agreement along with Gon.

"Understood." Bisky agreed.

"We will do what it takes to help you keep the Bomber from clearing the game." Lynn stared at the dark-toned guy with determination in her eyes.

"Thank you." He stood up and bowed down to us. "I'll use what time I have left to tell as many as I can about the Bomber. Book." He summoned his book and took out a card. "Return on! Bunzen!"

A light took him away from here and disappeared into the sky. I carefully thought about everything he explained to us and how we were supposed to deal with the Bomber.

What could we do?

The four of us were walking through a forest in complete silence, pondering about the rest of the alliance members.

"Bisky." Gon spoke up, and the blonde stopped to look at him.

"I think...we should drop by their hideout real fast." His voice shook.

"They probably ran out of time." Lynn inferred, and Gon let out a low, quick gasp.

"She could be right. Besides, he didn't even tell us exactly where it is. And even if we know, we still need a spell card that could take us there, and we don't have one." Bisky added.