13th Hunter Chairman Election - Chapter 39

Our little break was over, so I got on Killua and he ran out of the forest and jumped onto a highway, and there were no cars or trucks moving. He ran without feeling an ounce of fatigue and without any trouble from the combined weight Alluka and I brought down on him. I saw a sign saying that the next city was 40 kilometers away.

"Hey, Alluka. You're gonna feel a little zap again, all right?" Killua told the dark-haired girl in his arms.

"It's fine." She nodded.

Killua activated his ability and began dashing along the highway, me feeling tingly. I held on tightly to him, never wanting to let go. It was like I was riding a super fast rollercoaster. He could be faster than the fastest car in the world, but not fast enough to dodge the fastest bullet. He would have to improve his speed by hundreds of kilometers per hour to surpass that.

However, after a few minutes, behind him was a motorcycle catching up to him quickly, and it looked like Amane and Canary were riding it.

"Can you go any faster, Killua?" I asked him, looking at the strange motorcycle.

"I can't. Speed of Lightning is at full power, even if I'm carrying you and Alluka." He replied, then he looked back at the two butlers riding the motorcycle. "All right. Good luck catching me this way!"

He jumped off the highway and slid down the hill and went back into the forest to shake them off and reach the next city. I doubted they could reach us by that motorcycle.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"To the airport in Parasta. We need to travel by air if we want to lose Illumi as soon as possible. I should be able to get there in less than ten minutes, if not sooner." Killua stated.

When we got to the airport, we found Canary and Amane there, much to our surprise.

"We've been waiting for you." Amane said to a panting Killua.

"Damn. You guys are really good." He complimented them.

"We already have an airship prepared for you." She told him.

"Great. How many?"

"Huh?"

"Sounds like you only have one. Seriously? Give me a break! We'll never lose Illumi like that! We need five or six airships going different directions! Spilt up, and go make the arrangements now!" He demanded and went to sit down on a bench. Alluka and I sat next to him.

We listened and watched as the two butlers were buying tickets for the rest of the airships. Killua insisted that we should get out of here and board one of the airships heading to our destination. We got up and ran away before they could notice that we were gone.

When we boarded the airship, Killua took control and Alluka and I sat down across from each other. The airship took off, and all I could do was wait and hope Alluka wouldn't request anything from me.

Killua called Morel and informed him of our current situation and told him about Alluka's ability despite the warnings he was given. He couldn't contact Gotoh, so Killua tried to call him. He got no answer. I wondered what was going on with him that made him ignore all phone calls. Could he have gone into conflict with Illumi or someone else who might be helping him? Was he too busy trying to catch up to the rest of the butlers? I hoped he was okay after the three of us got away from everyone else.

Killua explained Illumi's ability which allowed him to imbue needles with his aura and stick them in his victims, turning them into soldiers called Needle People that did his bidding until they died. He told Morel to gather some Hunters and take the Needle People so that they could have proof that Illumi harmed innocent civilians beyond recovery. That way, the authorities could arrest him even if he was a Pro Hunter. Killua was willing to sell his own brother out for the heinous crimes he committed. He wouldn't forgive him for wanting to hurt Alluka.