Greed Island - Chapter 15

Gon closed his eyes, and Killua lowered the ball in his hands. I could hear him taking deep breaths, concentrating on increasing the power of his ability to eliminate Razor. I saw aura shrouding his body, and it was nice and smooth.

"Ren." He mumbled, and his aura spiked, shocking Tsezguerra and his men. Razor only smirked.

"I think you may have chosen the wrong sport. He has all the time in the world to build up his power. There's nothing like that in the rules. You might want to get out of the way." Bisky explained.

The man hummed. "You're kidding."

He activated his aura, still smirking at the boy who was concentrating.

I observed him as he focused all of his aura into his fist.

"Now, show me Rock!" Gon chanted, charging up his attack. The lights flickered from his raw, immense power, and the court shook a bit.

"Take this, Razor!" He yelled, further increasing his power. "Jan! Ken! Rock!"

He gave the ball a powerful punch with Rock, amazing all of us. Razor focused his aura in his feet and hands to try to deflect it. The blazing ball collided with his wrists, the force pushing him back. This was getting intense. Would we eliminate Razor and win?

The man was sent flying a few feet, bumping the ball up to the ceiling. I watched it as it almost hit the ceiling, and then at Razor, who landed on his feet perfectly.

Damn. This man is very strong.

Gon stopped using his aura, sweating and catching his breath. The next thing I noticed was him growing a big, bright smile.

"That was awesome!" The boy innocently exclaimed.

"It's not all about dodging and catching, but I doubt that tip will help you." Razor stated.

"I don't get it. That ball was as strong as Razor's, but it didn't even reach the ceiling." The man with curly brown hair pointed out.

"That was one hell of a bump, to burn off enough momentum. Now it's directly over him!" The dark-skinned man added.

Just as the ball was about to fall down, Hisoka pulled it back to our side using his Bungee Gum, surprising Razor.

"Aww, that's too bad. You actually have to catch the ball, you know?" He sneered.

"As for the cushion rule, Razor is out! Step outside!" The referee announced.

"Back." Razor smirked.

"Razor has used Back! He will remain inside and play will resume." It stated.

"That was a very good punch there, Gon." I complimented him.

"Thanks. That was much better than the last one." He gave me an enthusiastic smile.

"You doing okay, Gon?" Killua asked.

"Yeah, but I think the next one will be the last. I'll put everything I got in this one."

"All right! Make it good."

As we were talking to each other, I noticed Killua had his hands in his pockets the entire time. He was possibly hiding something we weren't supposed to see, I could tell.

"Time out!" Tsezguerra called out. "Ref, I have a question."

"What is it?"

He stood up and carefully moved toward the referee. "Can inside players choose to move outside of the court?"

"Well, that doesn't violate the rules, but be aware that you can't return inside." It stated.

"Right." He turned to us. "Come here!"