Greed Island - Chapter 17

I glared at the three guys standing in front of us. The five of us had to stick with the plan, or else they would know that we were prepared for this.

"What do you want?" Killua coldly asked, looking daggers at them.

"Don't be so hostile. Let's just make a deal." Genthru offered.

"Why would we be interested in your little 'deal?'" I retorted.

"It's not a bad deal. It's so good, even Tsezguerra agreed to it."

"What is it?" Killua asked.

"Interested now?" The tall guy stepped forward, smirking.

"Hold it! Talk from where you are!" Gon commanded, and Genthru obeyed.

"It's quite simple. We'll beat the game on everyone's behalf, then everyone returns to the real world and splits Battera's reward." He briefly explained, and my eye twitched from hearing his lies.

"I won't believe that!" I scowled.

"We've had a little change of heart. And Tsezguerra and his team have already left the game." He stated.

"Yeah. But that doesn't prove that he agreed to your offer!" Killua countered.

"Yes, that's true. Then, now what? Do you want to die here?" Genthru sent us an ominous look, making me gasp sharply with terror.

"Shut up and hand over your cards! Otherwise, we'll have no choice but to kill you all!" He threatened, and we started running away.

"Finally showing your true colors, huh?" Killua yelled.

"Book!" Gon summoned his binder and took out a card.

"Accompany on! Soufrabi!"

We were taken by the light to the beach, and then we went back to the badlands before moving to a field.

"Return on! Masadora!" We all cast our Return spells, and we went to Masadora next.

We all hid in a bush and concealed our presences. The Bombers went to the Spell Card Shop, thinking that we were getting more spell cards.

We took the opportunity to get away while they were busy searching for us. But unfortunately, Genthru used another Accompany to teleport to us, and we turned around and ran away.

"Don't lose sight of them! We're out of Accompanies!" Genthru ordered his wingmen.

We continued running through the forest until all three Bombers surrounded us.

"Now, why don't you give up and hand over your cards?" Genthru adjusted his glasses and sneered at the five of us.

"No way! We'll never let you have them!" Gon yelled at him. "If you want our cards, come and get them!"

I tensed up. That foolish moron!

"Huh?! Damn it!" Killua growled and glared at the three Bombers.

Great. Now they have to fight us for our cards. We can't give them up. We'll make sure we beat them and win!

"Bisky! Get out of here!" The ex-assassin urged her.

"B-but I—" The blonde started, but Killua interrupted her.

"Just run! Girls, go with her!" He ordered us and ran away with the red-haired guy behind his tail.

"Right!" I nodded and followed Bisky along with Lizzy and the purple-haired guy.

"You're not getting away!" He began to chase the three of us as we separated from the others, leaving Gon to fight Genthru by himself for now.

I prayed inside my head that Gon could be strong enough to beat the crap out of Genthru and defend our cards.