Chimera Ant - Chapter 36

Thirty minutes had passed, and the palace was a total mess of craters and debris everywhere. I saw Ikalgo standing on top of a collapsed tower and waved to him.

"Hey, Ikalgo!" I called to him, and he gave us a smile.

"You guys!" He cried, and Killua pointed at Palm, who had been transformed into a Chimera Ant soldier. He was a bit confused at first, but he soon recognized her.

We sat down on some stones and explained to Ikalgo what had happened to Palm.

"I see. I'm glad you returned to us. Do you remember the plan? I'll drive you to the capital." He told her.

"No. She wants to stay." Killua stated.

"Oh?"

"At least she'll be pretty useful in a fight."

"Yeah. She outdid me and Killua in terms of sheer power." I added, and Ikalgo gasped lightly.

"To be honest, I really wanted to see Gon as soon as possible. However, I'll wait. I'll respect his wishes." Palm told us.

"His wishes?" Ikalgo asked.

"The thing is, he's decided to fight Pitou all by himself. Once he's made up his mind, he won't budge. In return, he performs his best when circumstances are as expected. Which means all we can do is stay out of his way." Killua explained.

"B-but what if—"

"Yeah, I know. If Gon's in real trouble, we'll all rush in to help him out. Let's just be ready for whatever happens with him."

I wasn't sure if I wanted to help Gon out in his battle against Pitou. If I stayed by his side, I would die with him. I would die without apologizing to Lizzy for being too harsh on her.

"We're gonna look for Knuckle and the others. You coming?" Killua asked Ikalgo as we stood up.

"Absolutely." The octopus nodded in agreement.

"Okay. Let's go."

We started to walk away from the pile of rubble to find the others, the feeling of worry building up in me.

"Have any of you guys seen Lizzy anywhere?" I asked everyone who came, and they shook their heads.

"I haven't seen her since we started the mission." Knuckle replied.

"She wasn't anywhere in the basement. There would be no reason for her to go there." Ikalgo added.

"I never saw her before I was turned into this. It would be impossible for me to track her down." Palm stated firmly, and I sighed.

"Don't worry. We'll find her soon." Meleoron assured me.

Knuckle cleared his throat and began speaking. "We have separated the King from the Royal Guards to let the Chairman handle the King. As Mr. Knov said, we completed the mission we were assigned. We'll each have to decide where we go from here. Do we stop or keep going?"

No one spoke a word. I had already decided to stay and keep fighting. I needed to find Lizzy before it was too late.

"As for me, I'm gonna keep fighting them. I've already laid down my life here more than once. Even if we can't reach an understanding, I'll keep fighting until I'm satisfied."

All of us agreed and walked back to the palace together. We went back to the tower where Gon was waiting for Pitou to finish healing the girl. Me, Killua, and Knuckle arrived to see them ready to leave the palace. The girl seemed okay, which meant Pitou had healed her the best they could.

"Gon, want me to use Hakoware, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy on Pitou? If they try to escape, I can easily track them down. And if they try to fight back, A.P.R. will defend you." Knuckle offered.