Chimera Ant - Chapter 26

I stayed with Gon as he prepared himself to fight Knuckle first while Lynn and Killua moved to somewhere in the forest to fight Shoot. I hoped all the training we did was enough to beat the crap out of those two.

"Alright, I promised to give it my all." Knuckle unbuttoned his white coat and took it off, revealing his muscular build. "From the very beginning!"

The man charged at Gon in an unbelievable speed, and he was way much faster than I was. I observed the boy's aura and saw that he was trying to extend it, which could mean he was possibly using En to feel Knuckle's presence.

Unfortunately, he was too late to sense it and got punched by the man. I noticed some extra aura flowing out of his hands, and I was confused of why he wasn't injured when he got hit by that punch.

The next thing I saw was a little marshmellow creature hanging onto his arm.

"Hello. It's time. You've accrued interest." It said, and the number 210 on its forehead increased to 231. To my surprise, it grew slightly bigger in size.

What the heck is that thing?

"Confused, huh? I just lent you some of my aura." Knuckle stated.

"Wait, you can do that?" Gon asked.

"I charge 10% interest every...ten seconds."

"Ten seconds? Seriously?" I spoke up.

"Pay me back, or you'll go bankrupt." He pointed at the boy with the creature.

"Bankrupt? What do you mean?"

"It's now time. You've accrued interest." The creature said, and it grew even bigger after increasing the number from 231 to 254. I widened my eyes in shock.

"This is called Hakoware. Bankruptcy, Chapter 7. The creature with wings is called Amortizing Power Redirector, or A.P.R. for short." Knuckle stated.

The creature moved closer to Gon, and he punched it away. But it came back unscathed.

"Attacking it is pointless. It's only here to keep track of the interest. It's harmless and indestructable. Though it can be annoying sometimes."

"It's now time. You've accrued interest." It said again, and the number went from 254 to 279. Its size increased.

That got Gon distracted, and Knuckle punched him, sending him back a few feet.

"It's now time. You've accrued interest." The number went from 279 to 505, surprising me and Gon.

"Hey, it almost doubled!" The boy exclaimed.

"No way!" I replied.

"That's because I lent you 180 aura." Knuckle told him.

180 aura? What the hell does that mean?

He smirked. "Your mind is getting dusty. '180 aura' is just a numeric value of life energy. There is a certain amount of aura stored in a person's body, called M.A.P. or Maximum Aura Power. It varies with how much training they do to increase it. There is a limit to how much aura a person uses at a time, and that can increase through intense training. So your Potential Aura Power, or P.A.P. doesn't matter. If your Actual Aura Power, or A.A.P. isn't strong enough, you'll be at a disadvantage. You got that?"

I had absolutely no idea what he was saying. I stared at him in total confusion.

"It looks like the M.A.P. you can use through Ken is about 1,800 aura. When you're preparing for battle, you usually spend approximately one aura per second. When you use highly advanced techniques such as Ryu and Ken while fighting, your rate of used up aura increases by 6 to 10 times. The stronger your technique, the more aura you use up. Got it?"