Chimera Ant - Chapter 25

"Okay. Three hours. All done." Bisky announced as we finished our Ren practice with ease.

"Huh? Already?" I casually spoke.

"That was easy." Lynn replied.

"And it seemed so fast." Gon added.

"Then I'll give you a 30-minute break." She closed her magazine and smiled proudly.

"Hold on. Aren't we supposed to fight Knuckle?" Gon asked, confused.

"I'll allow the four of you to go once you're fully rested. You can take him on. The chairman's deadline is quickly approaching. You have over one day left, so this may be your first and last chance." She told us, and we all grunted in agreement.

We saw Knuckle with even more dogs, feeding them with all the care he had. When we were approaching him, all of them ran away.

The four of us had our Ren turned on as we firmly approached him, and Knuckle stood with his face showing will power.

"You guys are fired up tonight." He muttered.

Killua, Lynn, and I stopped in our tracks while Gon stepped up to fight him.

"Before we start, I want to know where your partner is." The boy demanded.

"What? You mean Shoot?" He asked. "Why the hell do you want to know about that? I'm about to beat the crap out of you, kid!" He yelled.

"Because we'll need both of your tokens." Gon simply replied.

"You trying to mess with me? If you beat me, I'll answer your question."

"We might not have a chance unless you're knocked out cold." Killua remarked.

Knuckle grunted. "I am not amused anymore."

"Let's see how this goes." Lynn muttered under her breath.

Gon activated his Ren, increasing it as he and Knuckle glared at each other. Then, Knuckle charged at him, but the boy disappeared and reappeared behind him. He threw a punch, but missed. Knuckle gave him a good punch to the back, sending him flying.

"Gon!" Killua and I yelled.

We saw that he blocked his attack with his arms, and Knuckle stretched his arms out and twisted them around.

"Just four or five more warm-up punches, then I'll get serious." He said, surprising me. "You kids better brace yourselves. 'Cause I get warmed up pretty fast."

That punch was just a warm-up? Damn, he must be very powerful!

Knuckle turned on his Ren, and they both got ready to fight. Gon dashed forward to land a punch on him, but Knuckle dodged and punched him again. Then he rushed to him and kicked him while he was flying, sending him back in the direction he was before.

"Behind you!" The man yelled out, and Gon turned around to let himself be hit by Knuckle's punch.

"Ooh..." Lynn flinched from noticing his pained expression.

Gon landed on his feet and panted, staring at Knuckle with determination in his eyes.

"When are you gonna use that technique? You know, that 'Show me Rock' thing?" Knuckle scornfully asked. "It's not like you can use it. It's flawed anyway."

What the heck is he talking about?

"Let me tell you something, kid. You're going down. All because of that flawed technique!" He chuckled and moved towards Gon with a smirk painted on his face.