Greed Island - Chapter 10

Lynn's POV:

All of us stood at the Starting Point, waiting for a certain silver-haired male to return to the game. I wondered what he did to pass the Hunter Exam this year. What I said to him when we were at the port earlier had motivated him a lot.

There he was, stepping down the stairs with his casual expression plastered on his pale white face. My lips parted in a smile at the sight of the ex-assassin.

"Welcome back, Killua! How was the exam?" Gon asked.

"I aced it in no time, naturally." He replied.

"Yeah!" They clasped each other's hands and exchanged smiles.

"That's good to hear." I spoke, capturing his attention.

"Aw, man. You should've saw me knock out all those applicants flawlessly." The silver-haired male sighed, locking his hands behind his head.

"Wait. You did what?" I exclaimed, stunned by his response.

"Took me about a mere two hours to ace the whole exam. There was no Second Phase or anything else, just me getting my license."

"Oh, wow! How incredible!" Lizzy smiled at him, trying to hide her envy.

"Sorry to interrupt your celebration, but take a look at these spell cards." Bisky said.

We went to the badlands and sat down on a couple of rocks, examining our spell cards.

"Wow! An S-rank card? And an A-rank, too! How much do you think we can sell them for?" Killua asked.

"Ok, let's go ask around!" Bisky suggested.

"No, we should use them wisely." Gon countered, and the blonde shot him a glare, expressing her disapproval.

"He's right. We need these cards in case anyone tries to steal or destroy our designated slot cards." I briefly explained.

"So, what do you think we should do, Killua?" He asked him.

"Well, I guess it's safe to hold on to them. We don't have to worry about them getting stolen with all these defensive spells." Killua stated. "Have you guys tried any of these yet?"

"Just Blackout Curtain."

"What? Why only one? If you have all these cards, you should use them instead of safekeeping them." He handed Gon a card, and the dark-haired male carefully read it.

"Start by using this one. You can choose any player you've met and have a talk with them."

"Any player we've met? Who did we run into?" Lizzy asked.

"Well, let's see." Killua replied.

"Alright. Contact on!" Gon casted the spell, revealing a list of names in the binder. I scanned through all of the names in order.

"Who knew we could run into so many players?" I muttered.

Both Killua and I gasped when our eyes came across a familiar name.

"Hey, when did you guys run into him?" Killua asked, his voice shaking.

"Who?" Lizzy said as she stood up to have a look at the binder.

They gasped and widened their eyes when they read the name, feeling uneasy.

"Chrollo?" Gon questioned.

"Wait. Who's Chrollo?" Bisky asked, trying to figure out what was going on.

"No way. Him? Inside the game? But how?" I began to doubt whether that bastard was really inside the game with the rest of the Phantom Troupe or by himself.