Chimera Ant - Chapter 21

We went to the horse farm and rented four horses to travel the NGL. Lynn was riding one while I sat behind her. I was completely astonished after seeing Killua stand on the horse he and Gon were riding. Man, he was a natural.

We were inspecting a map of the NGL to figure out which route we should take.

"We should follow along the coastline and check out the villages. If there aren't any unusual sightings in any of them, then it's possibly not even here in this country." Gon suggested.

"Maybe, but that's assuming that those guys were telling the truth back there." Killua replied, referring to the two interpreters that came with us in case we ran into some locals along the way.

"They're still following us, aren't they?"

I turned my head around and saw the interpreters on the edge of a short cliff.

"I see them." I muttered.

"They said they're here in case we meet unknown tribes, and need interpreters or intermediaries. But they're obviously spies." Killua stated.

"I never expected the people here to be of any help." Kite spoke up, making us turn our attention to him. "But I can sense it somewhere. I trust my instincts."

We tensed up, realizing that we were getting closer to finding an actual Chimera Ant.

A bee gave us a message written with red blood. It read, 'Help! Chimera Ant Nest; Rocky Area; Notify Hunter Association!'

"It'll be very risky. Are you sure you guys want to come?" Kite asked us one last time.

"Yeah." Gon answered.

"We're pros, aren't we?" Killua replied with a smile.

"And we're here to help." Lynn added.

"Just leave it to us!" I winked, forgetting about my fears.

The bee flew away from Gon's finger, and we watched it fly high in the air until it disappeared from our sight.

"I'm sorry Ms. Interpreter, but we must hurry right away." Kite told her.

"No problem. I'm sure the horses can go a bit faster now." She said, stroking its neck.

"They still won't be fast enough."

"Huh?"

"I want you to return to the border and meet up with everyone else. Then notify the Association of the current situation. These gigantic insects are dangerous." Kite ordered Stick and Podungo, who were both worried.

"Okay." Stick nodded.

"Be careful, Kite." Podungo told him.

"I will." He then turned to us warming up. "Try to keep up, or else I'll leave you four behind."

"Yeah. Right back at ya." Killua replied, finishing up his stretches.

"Got it." Lynn added, doing her last lunge.

"Uh-huh." I said, standing up after doing a squat.

"Okay. I'm ready." Gon firmly stated, and Kite chuckled.

The five of us prepared ourselves to go further into the NGL, taking a huge risk to discover a Chimera Ant.

"Let's go." Kite announced, and we took off running in an incredible speed, flabbergasting the female interpreter.

We had reached a forest in a short period of time, and a chill had reached my spine when I saw a puddle of blood on the ground along with some torn clothes.