13th Hunter Chairman Election - Chapter 38

After Killua called Morel to ask how Gon and Lizzy were doing, he explained everything to me. A lot of people came by to visit them and talk to them, but there was no response from either one of them. Morel suggested to use a Nen Exorcist to lift the burden from them and wait until he and the others back at the hospital could resort to more riskier methods. Killua told him he could save them his own way until Gotoh, the guy who played that coin game with me and my friends back when we were trying to rescue Killua, interrupted the call. Killua didn't tell Morel anything secret, but Gotoh knew he told him that the healing was guaranteed, which was something about Alluka's power. Killua's father was pissed off, so he put him on level 4. Level 4: the target's words and actions were restricted, and to enforce this, multiple butlers and family members had to accompany the target. If a restriction was violated, the target would be immediately captured and sent back home. The level then increased to level 5, where the target could not leave the estate, and if the target stepped outside of the Zoldyck property, they would be captured.

Gotoh also told him the three rules for protecting family secrets. One, no talking or exchanging items with somebody else without permission. We couldn't carry any communication devices, and he already took them away. Two, Killua had to stay within one meter of Alluka at all times. And three, he was forbidden to speak to any outsiders about Alluka's power. Killua explained to me that his father did not count me as an outsider and thought of me as a good, trustworthy friend who would make sure he followed the rules. However, I knew some of the rules of Alluka's ability, and if I were to pass on the information to someone else, that meant I would be captured and immediately killed along with the person I told everything about. That way, no one else would know about her powers. I was worried at first, but if we were going to save our friends, I had to keep that in mind. If either one of us broke the rules, I would be killed, and Killua would be returned home. I really was risking my life to save them.

We met up with Gotoh and Canary, and Gotoh seemed to remember me back when my friends and I were playing the coin game with him, and I remembered when he threatened us that we would never see Killua again if all of us were out. That memory lingered in my head, and I was irritated around him.

"I understand why I'm here, but may I ask why Canary is here?" Gotoh asked.

Killua pointed a finger at him. "Idiot! Alluka is a girl! There's no way I'm letting a stupid dude like you take care of her needs!"

"There is nothing to worry about." Someone spoke from ahead of us, and we turned to see a tall and bulky old woman with two pigtails. She was wearing a black suit and tie and a monocle on her right eye. There was another woman who was younger than her with long black hair and also wearing a black suit and tie.

"We're happy to accompany you as well, Killua dear." The old woman said as she and the younger woman moved closer to us. "Master Silva believed that two butlers might not be enough, so he sent us to help ease his mind."

"Tsubone!" Killua exclaimed.

They stopped right in front of us, and I looked up at the old woman's forbidding face, her appearance freaking me out a bit.

"It's fine. I won't do anything stupid at level 4." Killua casually told her.

The old woman named Tsubone narrowed her eyes at him. "Listen, Killua dear. I'm not as lenient towards you as your father and Gotoh. Any violation, big or small, and you will be sent back home. And your brown-haired friend will receive the death penalty. Resist, and I will knock you out. You should keep that in mind. Are we clear?"

"Uh, yes! Yes, ma'am!" He cried.

I broke into a cold sweat by the sound of her voice. She was way scarier than Grandma Millie when she was about to scold me and Lizzy for a stupid thing we did back at home. She even looked bulkier than her when she was in her 40s. No wonder Killua wouldn't act rude and scornful around her.