Bonus Chapter!

The cool breeze stroked lots of people walking on the stairs up to the 500-meter point of the World Tree. You could imagine yourself in the scene, perhaps you would be amazed or frightened by the view below. You could hear people chattering around you, and you could also hear the call of a certain orange-haired girl.

"Wait up, Gon!" She was running to catch up with the spiky dark-haired kid in front of her. He had a wide smile full of radiance and he was eager to meet up with his father on top of the World Tree. He was reminiscing all of the challenges he faced as a Hunter to find him as well as pleasant memories with his friends. All the nightmarish times and life-and-death situations. All the cute, romantic moments with the girl who loved him.

The two of them had grown much closer since they were saved from the hands of death coming to snatch them from this life. They overcame the toughest challenges together with their love and strength. Their last mission soured their relationship, but they were able to bury the hatchet and love each other again.

They had reached the 500-meter point, and they broke into a sprint to the station. They greeted the man with smiles, and he seemed surprised.

"You guys wanna climb the tree? No one under the age of 18 is allowed past this point." He stated before turning his head away and closing his eyes. "You need to have a special license or certification for that."

Just then, they held their Hunter Licenses in front of him. He opened one of his eyes to take a peek and gasped in shock.

"Eh? Pro Hunters? At your age?" He gave a small laugh. "Really sorry 'bout that. Go right ahead. Oh! But I need you guys to sign these documents first." He told them, handing out two sheets of paper on clipboards. "Even a president would have to. Don't worry. It's just stating you guys are prepared for whatever might happen on the climb, including your own deaths."

When Gon stood at the edge of the platform, he looked at the view in front of him with a smile of confidence. However, Lizzy looked frightened and concerned about their decision to climb the tree to the very top. She was not a very good climber, and she thought Gon didn't have the strength and endurance to climb a thousand meters up.

"A little word of advice though." The man spoke up, and they listened. "I wouldn't trust any of the handhelds or footholds left behind by other climbers. Those ones made it to the top by free-climbing it. That's how the guy who's up there did it."

They looked up, Lizzy feeling more frightened about having to climb this incredibly tall tree. She wondered why Ging would want to see his son at a place like this. And how he managed to keep his strength to reach the top.

"I get it. Thanks a lot!" Gon said, smiling at the man.

"Anyway, if you feel like you're in trouble, just press that button." He said, referring to the buttons on their wristbands that were given to them. They took a look at them, and Lizzy thought she could press hers now to get down from here.

"Our rescue team is quite skilled. If you can hold on for about ten minutes or so—" The man stopped midsentence to see Lizzy hopping on Gon's back and disappearing along with him.

"Crap! They fell!" He cried as he ran to the edge in a panic.

"Hey!" Gon called down to him. "Hey!"

The man looked up to see him with the orange-haired girl wrapped around him like a koala with its log. His eyes widened in shock.

"They're already up that high?!" He cried, unable to believe it.

"Wahhh! A-are you sure you can do this, Gon?!" Lizzy exclaimed, looking down at the platform they just got off. "This is scary, you know?!"