Chimera Ant - Chapter 29

The four of us along with the Extermination Team gathered in an old room. There was a bird cage floating in the middle of the room. This was it. We were seeing Kite again.

"Kite is in that cage. He's no longer the person you once knew." Shoot told us.

"It's okay. We'll find a way to return him back to normal." Gon replied, sounding determined.

I was ready to see Kite again no matter what the enemy did to him. We left him with the Chimera Ant to fight it, so we had to find a way to cure him.

"Hotel Rafflesia. Once I deal a certain amount of damage to an enemy, I can trap the whole body or just a part in the cage." Shoot explained, making me realize why my right arm vanished when I fought him.

The cage door began to open, causing us to let out soft grunts and stare in anticipation. A tiny little Kite stepped out of the cage, green energy crackling around him.

"Once he's out, he'll return to his normal size. Be careful. He can't use Nen, but he's still powerful." Shoot warned us.

We watched as the small Kite grew back to his normal size. I gasped in shock. His body was all covered in scars and his eyes looked like they were about to pop out. His hair was messy and he seemed like he was injured.

"Oh. My. God." Lizzy whispered, frozen with shock.

"Kite." Gon muttered, his breath shaking.

"I believe he was used to train new soldiers. He automatically attacks anyone who gets close." Knuckle stated.

The spiky-haired boy slightly hesitated for a second and began walking towards him.

"You're safe, Kite. It's going to be alright." He said, moving closer to him. However, when he got close enough, the manipulated Kite threw a punch to the face, sending him back.

"Gon!" Lizzy cried.

"Damn." I muttered.

"It's been a long time since you last hit me. I remember how much it hurt." Gon quietly told him, blood dripping from his head to the floor.

Kite punched him again, and then again and again. His moves were almost robotic. All of us cringed as we watched Gon get beaten up many times by the manipulated man. I knew he was letting himself get hit repeatedly on purpose. I clenched my fists and hardened my expression.

"Well? Are you gonna let this continue or not?" Morel asked. "Gon cannot use Nen to defend himself either, right?"

"It's going fo be fine. He's the one who should decide. I'm sure he must have realized it now." Killua replied.

Can he bear the pain of every punch Kite throws at him? It seems like he can anticipate every one of them. Kite is like a fighting machine, and it's all our fault he's being manipulated like this.

I gritted my teeth and stared at the beating with anger and empathy for the boy.

Gon, hang in there.

After a while, Gon dodged one of Kite's punches and hugged him around the waist, astonishing everyone in the room, including my sister, Killua, and I.

"I'm sorry. It's our fault you are like this. Go ahead and get some rest. We'll take it from here." He said to him quietly.

A black cloud appeared above Kite after Gon let go of him. Then, a monster came into view. It had strings attached to Kite, allowing it to control him like a puppet. We gasped in surprise upon seeing it.

"What is it?" Lizzy asked, feeling nervous.

"Level two. Neither Lizzy nor Gon can see that thing. It activates whenever someone touches Kite. You need highly advanced fighting skills to defeat him at this level. I sealed Kite's Nen, but that thing belongs to whoever's controlling him. Be careful. If you touch him again, he'll attack you relentlessly." Knuckle explained.