Chimera Ant - Chapter 33

Killua, Ikalgo, and I met up with the rest of the Extermination Team in an old building, getting ready to discuss the plan.

"Nine people will infiltrate the palace using Knov's Nen mansion. Shoot and me, Lizzy, Lynn, Gon, Killua, Meleoron, Ikalgo, and finally Morel. A few seconds after us, the Chairman will enter from outside Pitou's En. During that time, we must lure the Royal Guard away from the King as far as we can. Lizzy, Lynn, Gon, Killua, and Ikalgo will go in first. When we suddenly appear in the middle of the palace, what will their immediate reaction be?" Knuckle explained.

"To protect the King with their lives." Gon answered.

"They'll be in a tight formation. Breaking it won't be easy." Killua added.

"And that's where I come into play." Meleoron said, pointing at himself with his thumb.

We discussed what we were going to do to lure the Royal Guards away from the King so that we could take them on in groups. Chairman Netero would be taking on the King himself, and he was getting ready for battle as we spoke.

"Any questions?" Killua asked.

"Uh, so about Palm..." Gon started, and we turned to him. "Isn't there anything we can do to check how she's doing?"

"She's either dead or in hiding. If she'd escaped, she'd have contacted us by now. Since she hasn't, then that's the only explanation." He replied, making him sigh. "If she were captured, she would have taken her own life. When she left, she was prepared for that."

"If we try to check on her, I'm almost certain it would be an insult to her resolve." Shoot told him, and I noticed he was feeling sad from the look in his eyes.

"Hey, take it easy, will you? Gon's just concerned about Palm." Knuckle scolded Shoot for being too stern.

"His concern is worthless." Killua spoke up, angering Knuckle.

"What was that? You just came back! Where do you get off with that crap?!" He snapped.

"Let's assume that Palm was captured alive. In that case, the enemy knows our plan."

"Which would make us like moths flying straight into a flame." Shoot commented.

"We would be dead on arrival. But instead of worrying about worst-case scenarios, let's trust Palm to do whatever she has to."

"All that makes sense if you ask me, but I think Gon's point is that if Palm has really met such a fate, we still have time to change the plan." Meleoron stated.

"You're being too soft. He'll say that we have to save Palm before we do anything else, but he's not offering any plans for that. Right?" Killua turned to Gon, who was empty-headed for not thinking about that.

"R-right..." He stuttered.

"Uh, yeah. Good point." Knuckle said, unimpressed by his way of thinking.

"I know you're worried right now, but once the operation starts, you've just gotta forget her." Killua told him.

"If you get distracted, even by a fraction of a second, that might cause the whole operation to fail." Meleoron stated.

"We still have two days, plenty of time for Palm to contact us." Killua crossed out the number 3 on the wooden floor with a stick.

Two days left until the selection. I felt tense with a bit of anxiety. If we messed up one bit, this whole operation would be over, and soon, humanity would fall into the hands of the Chimera Ants.

"It's almost time for us to enter Peijing. The enemy should have noticed Morel's distraction by now. Once we're there, we'll make some noise to make them believe that this isn't all the work of one man. At the same time, many citizens will start moving toward the palace. If we disappear the day before the celebration, they'll believe assassins are hiding among the citizens, trying to kill the King, and their focus will be outside the palace, on the crowds. That's when we enter the palace using fourth-dimensional mansion." Knuckle slammed his hand on the map. "The King will definitely be right here. He'll be watching the selection from the third-floor throne room." He pointed at a place on the map, the throne room.