NYU

Students crowded the hallways. I can't believe I was finally here, NYU. I had been jumping for joy and looking forward to it since I had gotten accepted.

I had always been quite shy and didn't interact in many of the classes: so I was quite suprised I had made it in. American weather was amazing, the sun glowed brightly, giving me comfort and a hint of optimism.

However, UK weather was absolutely terrible; one minute it was sunny, the next there was a thunderstorm.  Here, the winds were calming and peaceful, while clouds illuminate the American skies.

Chatter and confusion filled the main hallway, as people pushed and shoved to find their room number.

After about two full hours of watching people struggle and scramble up and onto the lift/elevator, my legs began to ache.

It was way less crowded than when I had first walked in. So I took my chances and scanned the huge board for my room number.

'22b' I sighed wandering up to the elavator/lift, my legs slowly failing. I head upstairs sucking in air, as I tried to relieve my stress.

Soon, I found myself stood at the door of my dorm. A basket lay at my feet. Half of the stuff inside it was already gone.

I had read up on NYU and apparently every dorm was supposed to have a welcome basket with two of every gift that lay inside.

I could only assume that my roomate got here before me. I mean I wasn't suprised, it had took two hours to get up here.

I pushed the door open, snatching the basket off of the floor. "Y/N!" I heard a voice call out. It was one of my best friends that I had talked to almost everyday. She had lived in the US all her life.

"Amy!" I yelled pulling her into a hug. I was so relieved that she was my roomate.

She smiled and pulled away from the hug shutting the door, "So what we're roomies?!" She seemed giddy, her dark hair fluttering behind her.

"I guess so," She led me around our dorm, showing me each and every inch of the rooms.

I knew she was also coming to NYU but what were the chances we would be roommates!

"I am so glad that you're my roommate, I think my social anxiety would reach its limit if it was someone I didn't know."

Amy chuckled, "I know right."

  -------------------------------------------------------

A/N sorry the first chapter wasn't that long, the next couple chapters are just going to be getting a lay of land and all that  :)