The Call

𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚏 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚞𝚗 :)

Y/n's POV:

It had been about three days since the incident, I was sitting on my bed in mine and Amy's room, as Amy lay asleep on the other across from me.

She was pretty shaken up after witnessing Mr Mason's incident and was pretty sure that the unknown number would strike again.

I, however, had hardly been getting any sleep at all, I was too worried about Miss Romanoff and of course our head teacher's wellbeing.

He was in hospital recovering, the doctors assured us that he would live, he may just take a while to recover fully.

I also hadn't gotten any texts from the number since the incident and was hoping that it would stop there- however I knew that this was probably gonna play out like any mystery movie.

I sighed softly, trying not to be too dramatic so I wouldn't wake Amy. She was usually very childish, so it wasn't normal or reassuring to see her like this.

She seemed paranoid of literally everything. I shook the thoughts out of my head, as I scrolled through mine and Natasha's texts.

I sighed, missing the comfort of her lessons and just her in general. I ran my hand through my hair, contemplating on texting or calling her.

I gulped audibly, taking time to pick my choice carefully. "You miss Miss Romanoff, don't you?" Amy's sleepy voice gave me a scare, as she sat up.

How long had she been awake for? And how exactly did she manage to get that I missed Miss Romanoff from a few sighs?

Clearly noticing my confusion, she spoke, "I know you better than anyone in the world," She smiled softly, before adding, "And you have severe attachment issues. Trust me, I've only just woke up like a couple of minutes ago and by your sighs every two seconds, I can tell that you miss her." She spoke, answering both of my questions.

I laughed, shaking my head, "Do you think that I should call or text her?"

Amy's eyes widened, "You haven't done that yet?! Oh my Lord, what have you being doing for the past like week?" She shook her head in disbelief.

"So.. Yes?"

"Yes! Call her. That way you'd actually be able to hear her voice." Amy told me, "I'll head into the other room- give you two some privacy," she winked before adding, "and order some food, cause I am starving." I giggled, nodding as she stepped out of the room, "Tell me what she says though."

"Wait, what if she's not awake or busy?"

Amy rolled her eyes, "It's legit like six pm- there's no way she's asleep and I mean you might as well try." I let out an exhale of breath, clicking on the call button, as she stepped out of the room completely, "I'm gonna order a pizza from our favourite."

I smiled, as the number dialed and rang. The slow beeping gave me anxiety as I waited for Natasha to pick up.

Almost, forgetting to breathe, like I did whenever me and Miss Romanoff had our little interactions, I sucked in a breath, awaiting the click to alert me that she had answered.

After a while, it stopped and it clicked. I let out a breath of relief, as I wasn't immediately hit with a voice telling me that the call went to voicemail. "Natasha?" I asked before a voice inturupted me.

"Natasha's not here, but at least she's not dead like Mark." A voice said, it was pretty deep and I was pretty sure that they were using some kind of voice changer. Who was Mark? And what did they mean "dead"? "Now listen carefully- I'm gonna take everything and everyone you care about slowly, until you have nothing left but let's keep this little treasure until later. Natasha you said her name was? See you later, hon, and maybe Natasha will too- if she makes it of course."

"Wha-?" Just then the call ended. "What the fuck!" I yelled out.

"What, what's wrong?" Amy came running in, hearing my scream, "Did the voicemail thing do you dirty?"

"I-" not being able to come up with any words, I shut my eyes, having a conversation with myself in my head instead of Amy.

What the fuck was going on? Why me? And why Natasha? I didn't think that I'd made many enemies in my lifetime. And even if I did, there is no way any of them would be that physcotic.

Taking a deep breath, I tried to find another side to the situation. Maybe Natasha lost her phone and the person found it and was just messing with me. But why? Also who would be that sick?

I then realised that I was blocking out Amy's questions and all her sentences. I'm pretty sure she noticed as she seemed to say something and then pull her phone out of her pocket and sit back on her bed.

"What the actual hell," Amy's shaky voice woke me up from my trance after a while.

I shook my head, trying to prevent it from happening again. "Wh-" I was still unable to talk, but Amy pretty much answered my question straight after.

She turned her phone around,

𝙼𝚊𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚒𝚗
𝙷𝚘𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚖. 𝙼𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛? 𝙰𝚌𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝?
𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚒𝚗𝚟𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚐𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐...

The man was clearly Mr Mason. "They said he would be alright... They-they think it's a murder..." She told me softly. "You don't think..."

"I- maybe?" I was finally able to force out a full word longer than two letters.

I was unsure if I should have told Amy about the call. I mean, who knows? Maybe she would be next if I did. However we did need all hands on deck.

I shook my head, I just needed a smart person that could trace the call- like they do in movies- and not to diss Amy or anything but she was not that person.

"Well, uh, what do we do after we find out our principle died and was probably murdered?" 

"Insensitive much?" I sighed, "Let's go to sleep, maybe we can figure it out in the morning."

"But what about the pizza?"

"You have it, I've lost my appetite." I told her, tucking myself into the covers due to the cold air.

She nodded, "You'll be okay- we all will, don't worry." She tried to reassure me.

I nodded back, as she stepped out of the room.

I let out an exhale of breath. I wandered into the connected bathroom, putting my phone to my ear after dialing in a number. "Hey, are you guys busy tomorrow? I need your help..."

-------------------------------------------------

A/n: There was soo much writers block in the beginning but I eventually got there. So I'm mentally clapping for myself 😌.  I had no idea what to do after Mr Mason's death was announced soo I made the characters as confused as I was. Anyway this was pretty fun writing, so I really hope you all like it :)