Connected

Y/N'S POV:

I sighed, as I accepted the call, "Hello?"

"Ah Y/N, Y/N, I see that even after our little interaction, you still managed to call me back. I knew borrowing your little friend," They were obviously taking about Natasha, "Would get you to appreciate me, hon."

I cleared my throat, trying to think of anything to say, as I didn't know how quick Maria could trace a call, "W-What do you want?" I finally forced out.

"Ooh, maybe a couple million." They seemed to be intruiged at the thought of money.

"You mean money?" I asked, running my hand through my hair, "How much money do you think I have? I'm literally a university student." I reminded the person on the other end.

They tutted, obviously annoyed, "I'm sure you'll figure it out besides, Natasha's life depends on it."

It seemed as if they were going to hang up so I stopped them, "Wait! Can you at least give me a deadline? Or even a location to meet?" I queried.

The person sighed, "One week, honey. And that's being generous. Get me my money and you'll get the details on where to meet another time. Two million for your beloved Russian teacher." I sighed, "Oh and don't think that I'm gonna be giving you my location. You'll be handing me the money in person in a week and then I'll let your girlfriend go."

"How do I know you're not going to take the money and not let Nat go?"

The person hummed, "I guess you don't. I guess you don't."

I gulped as the call ended. I paced around in the bathroom for a minute, rapidly blinking while trying to process everything that had just happened.

Just then my phone rang. Immediately picking up, I put it to my ear, "Hey, you get all that?" I questioned Maria on the other end.

"Yep, but I don't think it's safe to discuss over call. Us and the others meet up tomorrow at twelve, okay?"

I nodded, before realizing that she couldn't see me, "Yeah, sure. See ya."

"Bye."

I sighed, hanging up the call, before, splashing my face with water. Miss Romanoff had already paid for my hospital treatment.

Maybe this could be how I pay her back. I mean it would be a bit extra, but it wouldn't exactly matter. Maybe I could take the price down. Besides Natasha didn't deserve this..

I ran my hand through my hair once again, as thoughts didn't seem to stop crowding my mind.

I wandered out of the bathroom, popping down next to Amy who was sat on the sofa on her phone. "You took ages, man, I was debating on watching this without you." She gestured at the TV.

"It was only about 5 minutes." I told her. Rolling her eyes, she leaned back in her seat, "Oh by the way, I'm going out again tomorrow at about twelve so you may be left with microwave meals." I mentioned.

"Ah, it's fine. You and Natasha have to have dates every day now?" She asked me, completely oblivious as to what was really happening.

"Can we continue watching this?" I queried, changing the subject, "It's really intruiging."

"Fine, you do you. You don't have to tell me." She smiled, "But remember I'm magic and you can never hide anything from me for that long."

I rolled my eyes, as I unpaused the movie that we were watching. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Amy suspiciously take a sip of her drink. I chuckled at my nosey friend as she did so.