Unknown numbers

Y/N's POV:

Saturday

The few days after Monday were pretty normal, especially in Russian class- if there was even a way for that class to be normal. I swear, Miss Romanoff is giving so many mixed signals, it's crazy.

My phone pinged and an unknown number lit up the screen. I opened the message, grabbing my phone from my bedside table. My eyes widened, when my eyes scanned along the words in the message.

'It seems my little stunt at the
Library didn't go as planned. But don't
Worry everyone gets their second chances'

I felt Amy's eyes scanning my face waiting for my reaction, on the sound that alerted I had gotten a text message.

"Who is it? " Amy asked, concern written all over her face. I laughed nervously, contemplating whether or not to tell her the truth.

Maybe it was just a prank... -But who would be cruel enough to text me this and how exactly did they get my number?

"Y/N? " Amy, stood up and walked towards me, reminding me of the question she just asked.

She sat on my bed, as I handed her my phone, unsure of what to say.

"Now this is some next level 'pretty little liars' shit," She really had the worst timing for jokes, even though that was what I was thinking too, "Right, sorry not the time... So someone actually did cause the fire?"

I shrugged, "I guess I was a bit suspicious of that person that came in right before it started... "

"M-me too, that's actually what I was going to tell you on Monday... And you ending up getting stuck was just a coincidence? "

"I mean, it had to be, right? They couldn't possibly know that I was going to get my leg trapped."

She sighed and checked the number, and then averted her attention to her phone, trying to find any numbers that matched.

"None. So why would someone try to hurt you?" I shrugged reading the threatening message over and over again in my head. "And more importantly, with me being in the same building as you! " she joked, trying to lighten the mood.

We laughed, but it suddenly got me thinking. Maybe the fire was just to scare us, since there was no way the person could've planned for my leg to get stuck- I guess I'm just unlucky.

I shook my thoughts away, scanning the message once more, before I watched Amy's hand block the contact.

"We should've probably reported that..." I gave her a half-smile, "But for right now, we can keep it to ourselves, at least until you're ready."

"Thanks."

"No problem," she smiled and clambered to get the tv remote from her bed, "So how about some fear street?! "

"Is that even a question?!" I asked, as she dived back onto my bed. Pulling the sheets over herself she turned on our favourite movie.

Hours later, Amy had fallen asleep and had left me binge watching some Netflix series. I laughed along with the series, until I drifted asleep into the next day.

-
About two weeks had passed and everything was going as I had planned months ago, apart from the occasional threatening messages that kept coming, even after I had blocked the number. My leg had even healed completely!

I walked into my Russian class, it was always last lesson, and sat down at my seat.

I felt a pair of emerald eyes on me, the same ones from every one of my previous Russian lessons, but didn't dare look up.

Hardly any students were left in the classroom and I kind-of felt bad for Miss Romanoff.

The only students that remained were me and a few other immature students that believed they had a chance.

I then felt myself drifting off into another day dream, still somehow listening to Miss Romanoff.

Halfway through the lesson there was a knock on the door. "Come in," the angelic voice at the front called.

In waltzed a tall man. It was the principal. I had seen him around school a couple times and even had him as a sub for some of my lectures.

"Hi, Miss Romanoff. I was wondering if I could borrow Miss Y/L/N and if she could bring her stuff."

My head shot up when I heard my name. "Of course, " Miss Romanoff smiled once again.

I gave a half smile and stood up, awkwardly waddling to the door with my bag slung on my shoulder.

I heard the door shut behind me before following the man ahead of me. "Uh, right this way, there are some people who want to speak to you."

We headed into a room and I saw my one and only roommate sat at the table along with some men in suits.

Judging by their uniforms, they were most definitely police officers. All of a sudden my palms began to get sweaty, it felt like I was being interrogated somehow.

"Y/N, if you would take a seat. "

I nodded and sat myself next to Amy as nerves began to overtake all my emotions.

I hadn't even done anything wrong (except for falling for my teacher- of course) but it felt as if I were a criminal.

"Calm down, don't worry, you two aren't here for anything bad. " An officer assured us, obviously seeing my fidgety hands.

"Right, so what are we doing here? " My brunnete friend asked.

One officer chuckled, while another cleared his throat and then spoke, "We wanted to talk about the fire in the library. Now we have looked into the situation a little and have came to the conclusion that maybe the fire wasn't an accident. "

Yea well no fucking shit sherlock, we figured that out before you.

"Especially based off of the information Amy here told the firefighters, the night of the fire."

I was about to give Amy a subtle glare, but then decided against it since she did save my life. We nodded at the officers' comment.

"We've already heard Amy's side of the story, but we need to hear yours too. "

I cleared my throat and nodded. I wasn't too keen on public speaking, especially not when put on the spot.

I told my tale and the officers seemed to jot everything that I told them down, asking questions here and there.

I could've sworn that we had been there for about an hour, but all they had to say was that they would keep us updated. What? I mean, an hour talking for that?

I mentally shook my head as the officers left. Me and Amy got up and smiled at the head teacher, while walking out.

When out of ears length, we immediately started talking about the whole situation, throwing occasional laughs in there too.

-----

A/N - I've gotta thank LoneWolf705 for the ideas on this chapter and I'm not even gonna pretend that I proof read this :)