Chapter 25: A New Mission

Getting used to going to a Gente education institution like Oxford University took time to get used, as Charles felt that the institution was a bit dated compared to wizard Gakkous, but it was what it was, as Charles started working on getting a master's degree and learning about clean energy and business.

On the 13th of March 1985, Mikhail Gorbachev became the leader of the Soviet Union. 1st of January 1986, Spain and Portugal join the EEA, expanding the membership of the union from 10 to 12. On the 3rd of February 1986, Pixar was founded. 26th of April 1986, The Chernobyl nuclear disaster happened.

Things for Charles were about change as in early March of 1986. A new person by the name of Katherine Bennet joined the university. Katherine was a girl who was 1.68 metres tall compared to Charles who was 1.77 metres tall, she wore blue jeans, a black shirt and a red jacket. Katherine also had bright blond hair, grey eyes and was 21 years old. Charles decided to be a kind gentleman and help Katherine find her way around the university, what was good about Katherine is that she was also studying clean energy, so it made things easier for Charles.

The 2 would slowly become good friends, because of their shared goal of saving the planet from global warming. Katherine also had a great interest in martial arts and cooking, as the university had special clubs for those. Katherine was already a pretty good cook as she could make delicious pizza and cookies. Katherine was kind and persuasive as she managed Charles to join those clubs with her to further improve his skills. Meanwhile, Charles would occasionally take her to see a movie at the cinema if there was an interesting film to see, that is.

2 years since meeting themselves, Charles and Katherine would become boyfriend and girlfriend. Things were great for them as they would often go to fancy restaurants for their dates, they would also help each other with their work as Charles started coming up with an idea to start his own solar and wind energy company called "Moad Energy Limited", he was also preparing himself for his master's degree exam which was coming up next year in June, Katherine was going to have her exam in June of 1990.

In July of 1989, Charles had passed his master's degree, he would of course help prepare Katherine for her next year exam in his free time, as busily trying to set up his own company and find a home for him and Kathrine to live as they were planning to get married some time after Katherine gets her master's degree.

On the 9th of November, 1989, the Berlin Wall, finally reuniting both East and West Germany into a singling country once again. Meanwhile, Charles managed to find a small bungalow with a bathroom, kitchen and a decent TV to rent for the time being.

On the 17th of December, 1989, the first episode of the Simpson aired on TV, the show an animated comedy about the life of an American family in a fictional town called Springfield, the show had great jokes poking fun at things like politics. The show became Charles' favourite tv show to watch in his spare time. 

In January 1990, Charles finally founded his company, it was small and weak as it was mostly selling solar energy in parts of the UK like Oxford, but it was going to become bigger as time went by going by the name of Moad Sun Energy.

On the 11th of February, Nelson Mandela was released from prison and became the new leader of South Africa, who ended the apartheid in South Africa.

In July of 1990, Katherine got her master's degree and quickly began helping Charles with his company. They decided to postpone their future wedding until June of 1991, as they didn't feel they are ready for it yet.

On the 10th of June 1991, Charles and Katherine got married, and Katherine became Katherine Moad. On the 25th of June 1991, Slovenia and Croatia gained independence from Yugoslavia, this would mark the beginning of the fall of Yugoslavia.

6th of September 1991, the Baltic states (Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia) gained their independence from the Soviet Union. 8th of September 1991, Macedonia gained independence from Yugoslavia however due to its name controversy with Greece the country would be called the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia or FYROM for short.

On Christmas 1991, The Soviet Union was completely dissolved as it separated into several countries like Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan. Also, the World Wide Web was launched that year.

On the 2nd of March 1992, Bosnia and Herzegovina gained independence from Yugoslavia. The remaining parts of Yugoslavia would be called by most either Serbia and Montenegro or just Yugoslavia.

On the 1st of January 1993, Czechoslovakia separated into Slovakia and the Czech Republic.

On the 1st Of November, 1993, the EEA, renamed itself into the European Union or EU for short. Meanwhile, Charles' company became even bigger and stronger.

On the 1st of January 1994, Mexico, The US and Canada form a special alliance called the North American Free Trade Agreement or NAFTA for short to make trade between the 3 countries easier.  

On the 18th of April 1994, Charles bought his former childhood mansion from the current generation of the Moad family who were planning to move out and live somewhere else. Charles was once again happy to be back in his former childhood home which he hasn't lived for almost a century probably. As this was happening Charles decided to make some modifications to the house to make it better these modifications included a gymnasium, a water park, a library, a giant telescope on the roof and a cinema. The process was going to take a few months.

On the 5th of July 1994, Amazon was founded.

Finally, on the 5th of October 1994, the renovation for all of this was done, Charles also asked the wizard community for a secret chamber to be made in the library, this took a week to be made but finally, when it was made, Charles put all of his belong which were in his Kinko like his magic books, potion cauldron, the suit armour which he got from uncle Klaus and his magic items like his Zauberstab and Escoba in the chamber for safekeeping. After this was done Charles then proceeds to draw a ritual circle at the centre of the chamber with chalk to add a bit of style and just in case if he ever needed to do a ritual.

On the 1st of January 1995, Austria, Finland and Sweden join the EU, also the Schengen area was introduced allowing people living in member countries of the EU to travel to other member countries without a visa or passport however countries are allowed to exempt themselves from the whole thing as the UK and Ireland did.

On the 5th July 1996, the first cloned sheep is born.

On the 31st of March, 1997 DVD was released. 

On the 25th of May 1997, the final episode of the Simpson aired, the Simpson ended up having 8 seasons totalling 179 episodes, Charles liked the series for how it managed to be mostly good and for all of its 8-season runs, at least the show ended on a good note (as the Simpson family gets to visit New York) instead of continuing for too long or ending on a bad note.

On the 1st of July 1997, the UK gives Hong Kong back to China. 

 25th of August 1997, Netflix was launched. 

On the 31st of August 1997, Princess Diana died in a car crash in Paris, France. This was a very sad day for Britain.

On the 15th of June 1998, the £2 coin was introduced into British circulation. 

On the 4th of September 1998, Google is launched. 

On the 20th of December 1999, Portugal gives Macau back to China. 

On the 31st of December 1999, Charles and his wife were celebrating the New Year's Eve festival which marking the end of not the year 1999 but also the end of the old millennia and the fact that his company was a lot more powerful and richer than before. As the count from 10 was happening thought again about all of his achievement as usually and he was smiling at the fact that he was back at his childhood home once again. Once the count down reached zero, the fireworks began marking the beginning of the new millennia.

On the 5th of June 2000, Katherine told Charles after he finished his work that day that she has something important to tell him. So Charles got home his wife came to him to give him a kiss and hug then she gave him present Charles asks what's the deal with it but she happily tells him to open it. So Charles obediently opens the present and inside it was a positive pregnancy test. Charles out of fear and happiness says " Am I going to be a father !" Katherine then replays " Yes!". They then proceed to hug and kiss each other at this marvellous news of what is going to come.