Chapter 7: The Butler And The Wizard Undercover

The next day Charles woke up at 9am and had breakfast with his family and Augustes. After that Augustes and Charles got dressed into their circus outfits. Augustes wore black trouser, black blazer with dandelion pinned on the top left side of the blazer, a purple bow tie, white linen gloves and a black top with a purple bow. Charles wore a black and blue jester outfit with a trademark black and blue jester hat and shoes. Charles also wore elbow length gloves, the left one was blue and the right one was black the gloves matched the jester outfit. Charles also put on a white mask with smile on to cover up the fact that he was Charles Moad the son of one of the richest men in London. They went to the circus which took them 45 minutes to get there.

Once they got there, they met up with Cornelius Black who welcomed them into the circus. Black introduced the entire Circus du Cirque crew to Charles and Augustes. Charles and Augustes met and shook hands with Samantha Thatcher, Edward White and the Baker twins Thomas and William after that Charles and Augustes were taken to tent in which they will be sleeping in. Charles and Augustes put on their pyjamas and go to sleep waiting for what the next day will have in store for them.

The next day they woke up at 8:30 Am. Charles and Augustes got dressed into their circus performance clothes. Charles and Augustes started practicing their dagger throwing and calling each other by their undercover names of Robert and Andrew Hawking so they wouldn't forget their undercover names. Augustes set up a target board for Charles to practice his dagger throwing skills.

Charles practices his dagger throwing skills for about 2 hours. During that time Charles' skills have somewhat improved thanks to his 2-hour practice. After that Charles and Augustes joined the circus crew for breakfast.

 For breakfast everyone had baked beans with a loaf of bread and piece of bacon. The beans tasted horribly for both Charles and Augustes, but they tried their best not to show their distaste for the food. During breakfast Black told Augustes to be with the Baker twins since Augustes is an acrobat and later he asked Charles to be with Edward White so they could perform a special performance that is a combination of dagger throwing and archery. It took everyone 30 minutes to finish their breakfast.

After breakfast Charles and Augustes joined the people they were assigned to them to practices their skills for 4 hours. During training Black was in his office. After that everyone had dinner which was lamb chop, cabbage and carrots. For Charles and Augustes the dinner tasted a lot better than the breakfast however Charles and Augustes sensed that something was not right as the lamb chop, they were eating tasted bit like. it took everyone about 30 minutes to finish their dinner and soon everyone started to practice their skills 2 hours before they went to bed.

Before Charles went to sleep, Charles practised his dagger throwing for 20 minutes to sharpen his throwing skills even more. The next day was pretty much the same as the day before other than Cornelius Black announcing during breakfast that on the 6th July at 5pm would be their last performance in London before they leave in the morning of the 7th of July and that for dinner, they had beef stew instead of a lamb chop but just like the lamb chop the beef also tasted a bit like pork. The 5th July was pretty much the same as the as the 2 days before.

At 8.30 am on 6th July the day of the performance Charles asked Augustes what they gathered so far from their investigation. "So far nothing much, what about you" said Augustes in a puzzled voice "same however I do feel, I may get major answers if I enter Black's office, I'll use my Geist" said Charles "Sounds good" replied Augustes. Then Edward White entered their room and told Charles and Augustes that breakfast will be early today. Charles and August got dressed and joined the rest of the circus crew for breakfast which was baked beans with spam and bread. It took everyone around 30 minutes to finish breakfast.

After breakfast the whole circus crew began a 4 and half hour train to get ready for the performance at 6pm. At 12:45 it was dinner which was cauliflower and tomato soup with a small lamb chop. Dinner last for around 30 minutes. For 2 hours and half the whole circus crew did their final practice for their last performance in London. In the final minutes before the performance the crew rested and await when the performance would start.

Final 6pm came the crew was prepared for their stunts, the performance last for about 2 and a half hours. The highlights of the performance being Augustes and Baker twin's trapeze act and Charles and White manging to shoot/throw their projectiles at the very centre of the target board at the same time. After the performance was over the circus crew brought out the sea goats for one last time. During that Charles met up with parents( who bought another ticket to the performance to see their son) and talked about how his investigation is going for him and Augustes and then Vincent says to Charles " I have some bad news during the time you were with the circus 15 people in London have mysteriously disappeared, however there is a minor connection all 15 of them were at the circus performance on the 2nd July," Charles suspicions of the circus started to grow and grew even further when Charles sees White and Black entering the office.

 Luckily Augustes sees Vincent, Charles and Rachel. Augustes had quick conversation before Charles quickly interrupted them by saying "I have idea I'll use my Geist power and try to see what is going inside this office hopefully we can get some major answers. Be wary this my first-time using Geist, So Robert please look after my body as it will unconscious for quite some time"

Augustes nods and Charles closes his eyes and puts his hands together as if he was meditating.