Chapter 26: Kevin Moad

On the fateful day of the 18th of April 2001, Katherine Moad finally gave birth at a London hospital, Charles was of course there for the birth as he didn't want to miss out on meeting his child, the birth took about 6 hours and was very painful for Katherine but for her, it was worth it, she and Charles finally met their son Kevin who had Katherine's grey eyes and Charles' brown hair. Charles and Katherine cried at the sight of their own son as they were finally parents.

Soon the newly made parents moved back into their mansion to put their newborn son Kevin in his room which was decorated with a dark shade of blue paint and yellow starts everywhere to make it look like the night sky and to be a secret nod by Charles that Kevin might be a wizard-like him. Katherine took maternity leave, so she could spend as much with her little angel. Charles also tried to spend as much time with his son, he also secretly used his Shinjitsu to confirm to himself that his son is a Regulär wizard just like him,and this brought a smile to his face.

On the 11th of September 2001, the events of 9/11 happened in the US this would become a very tragic event for the US leading the US to drastically change their airport security by reinforcing the cockpit doors of the planes. On the 1st of January 2002, the Euro currency is introduced and all countries within the EU accepted it as their new currency with the exceptions of Denmark, Sweden, and the UK who decided to keep their current currency as the EU allows its members to opt-out things like that.

On the 6th of May 2002, SpaceX a company focused on space travel and colonization is founded by Elon Musk.

On 20th of September 2002, Firefly aired on TV. This would become Charles' favourite show to watch in spare time. 

On the 1st of July 2003, Tesla a company that produces electric cars is founded by Elon Musk.

August 2003, Skype is launched.

On the 1st of May 2004, 10 new countries join the European Union, these countries are Poland, Malta, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Cypress, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, and the Czech Republic. This boosts the number of EU members from 15 to 25.

On the 14th of February 2005, YouTube was created but it would have its first official video uploaded on the 23rd of April 2005.

In May 2005,  Firefly aired their final episodes both series ended up having 3 seasons respectively.

In August 2005, Hurricane Katrina struck the US more specifically the state of Louisiana, this would once again be a tragic time for the US.

In January 2006, Disney buys Pixar. 

On the 21st of March 2006, Twitter is launched. 2nd of April 2006, the entire state of Indiana starts using daylight saving time. 

In April 2006, Kevin would celebrate his birthday fifth birthday. He would also be sent to a school but not just to any school but a special school called a Sudbury( which are sometimes called democratic schools or education), as Charles felt that most standard Gente schools except in Finland ruin children's creativity, intelligence and curiosity also Sudbury school like Montessori have been hailed for how good and fun they are. Katherine was ok with Charles' decision as she felt that Charles knows what he is doing.

3rd of June 2006, Montenegro gained independence from Yugoslavia reducing Yugoslavia to just Serbia.

On the 15th of June 2006, Katherine Moad died in a plane on her business trip to New York, this was a very sad day for Kevin and Charles. 20th of June 2006, the Blu-ray gets introduced.

On the 4th of July 2006, Solar City is founded by Elon Musk.

On the 6th of August 2006, Charles' company Moad Sun Energy gets renamed as Moad Enterprises as the company began making not only making solar energy panels but also cars, planes, tvs, restaurants, hotels, and space exploration. This company became a major rival to Elon Musk and made Charles a billionaire and one of the richest men in the world.    

At Christmas 2006, Charles reveals his greatest secret to son that he is wizard and he even show magic capabilities like his Tarcza. He also told Kevin that he is also a wizard and that he will get his own Zauberstab on his birthday next year. Kevin was overwhelmed with the details as took him time to accept this just like it took him and his father to accept the death of Katherine that year. But once he accepted the fact he could wait to finally get his Zauberstab, Charles did warn his son that he can't magic near the Gente unless it is an emergency, he then asked his son would like to attend St. Elizabeth's Gakko but Kevin answered no as he was happy with his school and he already had made many friends there. So Charles promises his son that he try to teach him everything he knows about magic and the world of the Ningen.

On the 1st of January 2007, Bulgaria and Romania join the EU, expanding its membership from 25 to 27.

18th of April 2007, Charles get his Zauberstab which was made from copper and had an amethyst core, on his 6th Birthday, Charles of course starts teaching him basic spells like healing and plant speed growth, reminds him not to use magic the presence of the Gente unless it is an emergency.

29th of June 2007, the smartphones get introduced and sold to the public.

In early August 2007, Charles started thinking about turning the mansion he lives into an orphanage as he felt his job already was giving him a lot of money and he wanted to make other people happy since he already helped a bit with global warming, racism, and sexism but that just didn't feel enough of way to make the world a better place. So, on 15th of August 2007, Charles announced that his mansion will become an orphanage, Kevin was against this decision as this felt completely ridiculous but because he was young, he had no choice in the matter. And so, it was the Moad mansion that was set to become an orphanage in September of this year.