5. Let Me Build A Puzzle

He hits the elevator button repeatedly but eventually runs out of patience, and turns toward the "escape in emergency" door. He pushes it open and immediately sprints down the stairs, feeling the tips of his fingers press against his shoes from the pure pressure.

He holds his breath, as he keeps running downstairs and after a minute, he finally reaches the parking lot. Small drops of sweat run down his forehead as he starts turning around looking for them. He starts running through the parking lot until he hears voices coming from his left side. He quickly walks toward them only to have his feet freeze on the spot, the moment he notices a new face next to Manwol.

"I told you to sleep you idiot." Manwol hits Minho on the back of his head.

"It's fine, the bullet just scratched me."

"Is that why you collapsed?? You never completely collapse even if you are shot in the abdomen. And what's up with that guy?? Good thing you didn't strip him." Changbin says while tossing Jisung's belt into the van.

"Stop fighting all of you. Get in the van and let me treat your wounds. You bled out a lot too hyung." Jeongin says while pointing his chin at Changbin's knife wound. He helps Minho and Changbin get on the back seats of the van before looking back at Manwol with a small smile on his face.

"Come on, get in I'm driving today." She says returning him the smile and ruffling his hair.

"God help us." Jeongin says and let's out a giggle as he gets inside the car. Manwol looks at him with disbelief written all over her face before getting in as well.

Chan's body goes numb as he keeps staring at the boy. 'A child?? That's a child..' He thinks to himself. Looking at Jeongin's sweet smile makes him forget that he is here to catch them. He watches them get inside the car and that's when he makes eye contact with Manwol.

Her eyes widen at the realization that Jeongin's identity just got revealed to the cop, that she has been tricking into believing Jeongin doesn't exist, for the last 4 years. They just stare at each other for some reason, both paralyzed from shock, while Jeongin notices Manwol's weird behaviours and peeks his head out, staring out of her window. He looks at Chan and that's where the smile is wiped off his face. He quickly pulls back on his seat, hitting the seat with full force and attracting the remaining two boys attention.

"What are-" Changbin gets cut off by Manwol hitting the gas, and the car moving forward all of a sudden, causing the two boys on the back seats to fall backwards and spilling the alcohol all over their wounds and the seats.

"AGGGHH, WHAT THE FUCK!!" Minho shouts, as he grabs a gauze and tries to wipe it off. In the meantime Manwol just keeps driving at full speed, while the anger starts to build up inside of her.

"AAAAAAAAA HE SAW JEONGIN!!" She shouts and shuts everyone up. With everyone staying quiet for the rest of the ride and her crazy driving they make it home fast. The moment they enter, Manwol slams open the main door and storms toward the garage without giving any explanation, while Minho and Changbin head for the infirmary with Jeongin following after them.

She grabs the keys to her bike and immediately gets on. With press of a simply button to open the garage door, she starts her bike and storms out of their mansion once again.

--

After a minute of processing what he just saw, Chan heads back upstairs. He comes to the ground floor of the building and immediately notices the police running around taking care of the guests, that are hardly traumatized by now. He notices his boss talking to Seungmin and Soojin, and quickly walks toward them.