30. One Step Ahead

"She mentioned the project." Changbin says while staring at the floor.

Once again they are all gathered together discussing what they know so far. They met in the room Hyunjin and Seungmin are resting at since the two boys were curious about the mission.

"Whatever they worked on, it must have been really important. Come to think of it, why did you ignore this project on the beginning??" Seungmin asks his eyes tracing over the group.

"The project itself wasn't mentioned anywhere. The first time when we heard about it was the time we visited Kisung and even then he was murdered." Minho explains.

"Didn't he tell you more details about the project??"

"We jumped to Mr. Ri before he got to."

"So either Mr. Ri is the only one that knows anything about this project or he is the one who has it." Seungmin mumbles to himself his brain not able to understand anything. "What were this mans last words again??"

"That Mr. Ri is not- and then he was shoot."

"That's so frustrating. He could have meant a tone of things. Mr.R is not alive. Mr. Ri is not in the country. Mr. Ri is not human. Mr.Ri is not someone that can help you. Mr. Ri is a waste of time. Literally anything."

"Who cares." Manwol mumbles after staying silent for so long. The frustration in her voice is clear as her cold eyes look up at the group. "We've been running around in circles like idiots for 6 years. You two come here-" She looks at Chan and Seungmin. "-and we just add up one more month of useless shit to our plate. At least now we know that a crazy bitch is on our necks and is desperate to kill us and for what?? Just to keep the fucking mystery project to herself. We look like a bunch of idiots, we don't even know what the fuck we are doing. At this point I just want to put a bullet in her head and reunite her with her dear father, and trust me when I find that stupid Ri, I will do him the favour and send him down there to say hi!!" Her tone leaves everyone with a terrified look on their faces as she walks out of the room slamming the door shut behind herself.

"I got this." Chan says walking after her.

"Damn it." Felix mumbles feeling the tension in the room. "This is so.." He doesn't even know what to say. He feels like he has no right to feel frustrated since he is the least involved with everything. He never really got involved in the danger while being on the team, he has always been the one taking care of everyone from behind and preparing them for the missions. Since he is not the best on the field and his state before he joined the team was a catastrophe he didn't even try to learn how to fight. He knew taekwondo from early age and he used it only when he needed to protect himself.

But even he get's infected with everything. Just a month ago anxiety was eating him up every night before going to sleep and now when he is here seeing everyone getting hurt, his best friend almost being blow up, his boyfriend with a new bruise every day and even Jeongin is trying to hide how mentally drained he is. It's taking a toll on him like everybody else. He can feel his palms sweat and stomach shrink together every time he gets reminded of everything. Not to mention the nightmares returning fully in the last month and his past hunting him like a walking dead.

"I will get going. I need to figure out who is the mole." Minho says taking his phone in his hand and exiting the room.

"I should change too." Jeongin mumbles jumping on his feet.

The room is left with Hyunjin and Seungmin who just exchange a look of awkwardness after noticing the weird tension between Felix and Changbin.

"Soo...." Hyunjin tries to speak looking worriedly at his best friend. "You guys ok??" He asks before seeing Felix's head snap up at him.