44. The Last Piece Of Me

The cold breeze blows the few strings of hair from her face before she herself runs her fingers through her long brown hair. A deeps sight leaves her lips, while her eyes scan the blue sky watching the fluffy white clouds travel through it so lightly.

"This is difficult." Her quiet mumble gets lost in the sound of the working machine that starts to approach the house. Her head quickly looks toward the muddy road, noticing a familiar car approaching. She stands up on her feet already moving toward the car, before the man inside even parks and exits.

"Sir." She greets him with a bow.

"Miss Manwol. I'm sorry I wasn't here for you when you woke up, there was something urgent I had to take care of." Jaebum rubs her shoulder in an apology.

"No worries. I'm actually really glad to see you. Can I talk to you for a moment." The man just frowns his eyebrows at her before holding his hand up for her signaling her to go first.

"Of course. Inside though, since it's cold here."

"Yes, we don't want your old bones to get rustier." Her joke immediately makes the old man shoot her an annoyed glare.

"I'm barely 33 miss. You don't have to do me so dirty." He lets out a sight while they both enter While she watches him take off his suit jacket and hand it next to Chan's jacket that she used just seconds ago he continues the conversation. "I can feel there have been a few changes." Jaebum smiles while looking at her, the smile slowly turning into a grin. "Is it the cute guy?? Bang Chan??" Manwol doesn't dare to look up at him. She knows the man can read her like an opened book and the slight blush on her cheeks is to obvious at the moment.

"Kinda." She mumbles while walking inside toward the kitchen. "But that's not why I wanted to talk to you."

"Yes, sorry. Please, go ahead and tell me what's on your mind." They take a seat behind the table and a deep sight leaves Manwol's lips.

"I sent Jeongin away again." She says, seconds later slamming her forehead on the wooden table. "But I feel like that is the best decision to make so why do I feel so wrong now. Also this time Jeongin threw a fit and barely now I understand how he might be feeling every time I do this to him. On the other hand, the situation is getting a lot worse and that's happening really fast, that's why I need him to stay away. And then you have Minho here who suddenly hits me with the fact that Jeongin is not my little brother that I need to take care of anymore and that he is an actual adult." She raises her head, chin resting on the table and eyes on the man in front of her. His calm face angers her even more but she doesn't say anything to him as she observes him.

"I understand how you feel miss. Perhaps, you should talk to Jeongin once he is back. I am sure he understands you despite being annoyed by your actions." He finishes off even though Manwol is still staring at him expecting him to say more.

"That's everything??" She asks sitting back up straight.

"Yes." The man shrugs his shoulders. "You said it yourself after all. He is your little brother, you and the boys know him best, I was always here just to protect you but you brought them along so I had to expend my attention to them as well, but they were always your responsibility. I can listen to your worries but I can not advise you on a situation like this. You know Jeongin best and I believe you will find the right solution for this.

She stares at his satisfied expression for a second before returning to her previous position.

"You were of no use. But thank you for having so much faith in me."

--

"Seungmin??" His mother's confused tone just brings a smile to his face. "But I thought you had an important mission for work this month, why are you-" She is cut off by her son's hands wrapping around her.