Chapter 30

"Danielle Savre..."

For a significant amount of their relationship, Danielle would compare it to feeling like she was in a movie. Even from the very beginning, it was the type of thing that you don't hear about happening every day. And everything that had happened since their first hook up, the interview, the rendezvous' at work and confused feelings. Camilla, new jobs, moving country... it all led to Stefania on one knee, gazing up at the rest of her life. All she ever wanted was stood in front of her with her hair in a messy ponytail, tired eyes and shaky hands. She still looked perfect.

"I think it is safe to say that you are the love of my life. If there is something that goes greater than my life, then you are the love of that as well. From the moment I first saw you, I knew there was something special that sparkled in your pretty eyes and I feel like I should be thanking whatever greater power there is that I have been given the privilege to get to know you further and deeper than just your blue eyes," Stefania was surprised that she had managed to make it this far without a wobble in her voice, though she was certain that if Danielle tried to speak, it wouldn't be very clear.

"Every time I look at you, I feel infinitely lucky. Even when you are being annoying and trying to drink from my glass of wine," Danielle laughed quietly and wiped underneath her eyes. "When I think about my future, you are all that I see. And maybe there is a house with kids, maybe a dog or something there as well, but right now, as long as I have you, then I will be happy,"

"As long as I have you," Danielle repeated, her voice barely above a whisper, but that is what caused the tears to well up in Stefania's eyes.

"I was good before that," She laughed, swallowing hard and looking up at the cloudy night sky. "Danielle, you walked into my life and you stole my heart... and I never want it back. You can keep it for as long as you want, but I hope you want it forever," Danielle nodded quickly, heart racing as Stefania glanced back down at the ring. "I could probably talk about how much I love you for the rest of my life, but I wouldn't mind just showing you either. Also, I have a feeling we will both start to feel cold soon so..." Danielle laughed quietly as a breeze came along, blowing some of the petals around. 

"Danielle Savre, will you marry me?"

Danielle stopped caring about the tears spilling from her eyes as she nodded, just about whispering a yes. She placed both hands ceremoniously on Stefania's face and kissed her as greatly as she could muster. They both took in a deep breath as Stefania stood up and Danielle moved her hands to the back of her neck.

"Let me put it on," Stefania whispered, carefully taking the ring out of the box before sliding it onto Danielle's finger. "Perfect,"

"Holy shit," Danielle gasped as she brought it up closer to her face. "Holy shit, Stefania. I- You always make me forget how to speak, ugh!" She groaned, allowing Stefania to wipe the tears from her cheeks.

"I know what you are trying to say," Stefania whispered, feeling like she was in a trance as she continued to stare at her fiancée. Though Danielle couldn't take her eyes off of the diamond that was now sitting on her finger. "You like it?"

"Like it? Fuck, not even love is a strong enough word!" She exclaimed, laughing with still watery eyes. "I love you with my entire heart, entire soul," Danielle whispered, leaning in and bumping their noses together before closing the gap again. She slid her hand against Stefania's cheek and felt her fiancée smile into the kiss. "What?"

"Feeling the ring against my cheek," Stefania replied quietly. "I like it,"

"I like you,"

"You do?" The CEO gasped teasingly, widening her eyes. "I would never have guessed. It is not like you just agreed to marry me or anything,"