Chapter 8

"Fuck.... She really is driving me crazy,"

Danielle laughed as Jessica told her a story about how she once told her husband to pick up lavender infused tampons from the supermarket because she knew that he wouldn't question it and she wanted the house to herself for a bit. Men can be so foolish sometimes. 

"I don't think I was even on my period at the time," Jessica laughed as she brought her water bottle up to her mouth. 

"Good morning, Jessica. Good morning, Danielle," Stefania stepped out of the elevator, hands in her pockets  as she nodded in their direction. 

"Good morning, Miss Spampinato," Jessica said while Danielle just gave her a little smile. "How was your evening?"

"Filled with many phone calls and messages and emails. Most were the same old, same old. One was rather... interesting," Stefania's eyes landed on Danielle as she said the final word, a little shine in her eyes. "I was here quite late actually but it kept me  going," Danielle lowered her head and willed the blood rushing to her cheeks to fade away while Jessica just nodded her head.

"You have a couple of messages but I've already forwarded them to your inbox," Jessica said. "And everything is prepared for your meeting at ten,"

"Great. Thank you, Jessica. I don't know what I would do without you,"

"Well you have just under two weeks to get used to it! But don't worry, I'm training Danielle well and she picks everything up very quickly," Danielle waved her hand in dismissal at the compliment. 

"I am sure she does. I'm already impressed," Stefania nodded her head, slightly amused at the fact that Danielle still hadn't looked at her again. "Well, I shall be back out at nine fifty nine," The COO turned around and walked off into her office, Danielle felt like she could finally breathe again. 

"We have people from floor twenty eight coming up today and they usually frequent this meeting room so you'll become familiarised," Jessica said. "Today will just be about shadowing me again, especially as we didn't have a meeting to assist yesterday,"

"Sounds good," Danielle nodded her head as she watched Jessica type away on the computer and about forty minutes later, the elevator doors opened. 

"Hey Jessica," A couple of men walked out carrying folders and mugs of coffee.

"Good morning, gents. The room is all set up," They nodded their heads and walked off round the corner, the same sort of interaction occurring again and again as more people came up to floor thirty one. "I have a list here of everyone coming up and it's shared with the assistant on floor twenty eight so she ticks off when they leave to come up and I tick to make sure we have everyone here," Jessica stood up as she explained what was on the computer screen. "And that's everyone meaning that now, we make sure everything is ready and then Miss Spampinato will be in,"

"Got it," Danielle followed Jessica into the main meeting room and stood next to her as she logged onto the computer. It felt a little odd with the room being so busy, Danielle was so used to it being vacant. All she knew is that if you didn't like the smell of coffee, you would despise the room. 

"PowerPoint is set up, notes are here and the projector is on and working," Just as Jessica finished speaking, Stefania walked in, immediately commanding the attention of the room as all eyes landed on her, yet the confidence never faltered. Though there was a slight pause when she looked at Danielle. Only slight. The blonde took it as the fact that she'd only seen her waist up, not her full attire yet. She had chosen a form fitting, navy blue dress with a small lace detail around the neckline. Danielle knew Stefania wanted to run her hands over her body and she took immense joy in the fact that she felt like she had a little bit of the control here.