Chapter 31 - Start a new life

Third person POV

The Mills gave Emma and Killian the grand tour of their little paradise.  It wasn't just paradise to Regina and Robin, after the horrors Emma and Killian had faced in the Enchanted forest, the quiet little town of Storybrooke was just what they needed. 

The ex pirates weren't the only ones who had dropped into the town in the last 2 months, so naturally the mayors office had to come up with a system to make it simple for their new arrivals to settle into the customs of this land. Being cursed had the upside of being able to work technology. Those who dropped in didn't have that upside.

Regina and Robin's system offered:
- A technology information course
- A temporary apartment until the occupant(s) become financially stable.
-Help and support finding a job.
-$1000 per month (bills and rent are payed for by the council)
-A 'realm card' that gives them discounts at bars and restaurants 
Being able to make their own town left them able to make laws and have money to give newcomers without going bankrupt. 

As it was late in the evening by the time the tour had finished, Regina led the couple to the apartment they would be staying in for the foreseeable future. 

"Just up these stairs is the apartment. It's not a palace that's for sure but its got running water and 2 bedrooms." Regina rambled to the couple, her fiancé having gone home half an hour earlier to put Roland to bed. 

"Oh please. Anything will be better than the small cabin on Killian's ship."

"Hey! Insulting my ship is just going too far Swan, even for you!"

Emmer sniggered at her joke. She loved the ship, of course she did, it was the first place she felt at home but even Killian had to admit that it got crowded at times. She rubbed his arm lovingly and then continued whilst Regina, who had stopped at a door and was fumbling around in her pocket for something. 

"Ah. Here it is." Regina turned to Emma and handed her a small silver key that she said was the key to the apartment. She explained about the newcomers programme and what it offered them and then gave them a bag from Grannies Diner, since she guessed they don't want to do any cooking this late at night. 

The mayor left the couple for the night to settle in. They planned to meet at the loft (which is the nickname Emma and Killian gave to the apartment) the following afternoon to discuss career options for them and to check up on how they were settling in. 

"It's perfect, Killian." Emma gushed, awestruck at how lovely the town was and how perfect it seemed. 

"Aye, this little place certainly is something." 

"We're finally going to be safe! We're gonna be able to raise our child in a place where my parents aren't threatening to kill you every second." 

"Aye love, our childhood's may have not been the best but we are going to give our little lad or lass the best damn childhood ever!" 

Emma laughed as Killian sealed his sentence with a kiss. A kiss that wasn't rushed or mixed with tears and apprehension, just a normal loving kiss. 

That morning Killian woke before Emma as he usually does. He admired how the light shone through the gap in the curtain and made her hair look like it was glowing, he loves her, he'd never been so sure of anything in his entire life. He loves her and he loves their unborn child just as much. For the first time since he was five and his mother caught the disease that ended her life, Killian Jones could finally say that he had a family. One that he cared for more than he cared from his own life. After all there were only 2 things he would risk his life for, love and revenge and its safe to say he will never need to risk his life for revenge ever again.