Love bloomed

This was the Era of peace for Japan. It has been over a year since Ieyasu defeated the Toyotomi clan in a battle at Osaka Castle. It was year 1605. Everything was peaceful and even the Military lords also known as Daimyo were also kept in check. Any International trade has been stopped and the only trade that was happening was with the Dutch and Chinese which was also done only when needed. Needless to say this was the most peaceful era for Japan. This Era was called the Takugawa Period

And amidst this peacefulness were two clans, Sakusa and Miya. Both the clans have been working hard to bring Japans Economy to the top again. Both Clan Head Miya and Clan Head Sakusa have been friends and partners since childhood, growing up both had the dream of a peaceful nation. And now that the peace has returned they wanted to establish their relationship with finality. 

Both the clan head along with the entire clan had decided to merge the clans together to make a safer place for people. Both the clans being known and famous for being kind and sheltering the poor and in need, this idea for agreed on by everyone. Future Clan Head Kiyoomi and Future Clan Head Atsumi were both asked their thoughts on this matter as no one wanted to do start any bonds without their consent. 

Future Clan Head Kiyoomi is a cool headed gentleman. He wore Green Kamishimo with Yellow Kimono and had the clans crest. It can be read as Forever Early (佐久早). When he heard about this arrangement at first he was hesitant but later agreed. Kiyoomi had a lot of respect for Atsumi Miya. Even tho they hardly met he knew about how smart she was and about her kindness. He could imagine himself spending his life with her. He also respected her because even in this male dominated society she proved herself to be capable of being a Clan Head. He adored her due to her rumors of being a eternal beauty with wisdom. For him she was perfect even tho he hadn't seen her yet. 

Future Clan Head Atsumi had the fortune of being born as a women between a couple who despite all the odds loved both their children regardless of their gender identity. She usually wore beautiful Kimono with Red Obi and Gray Aigi. She also had a crest which meant sun (日) Being unmarried she wore long sleeved Kimonos. Atsumi at first was known as a beauty but as she grew up she proved that beauty is not everything about her. She has a twin brother who was much more interested in Military than being the Clan Head. When Atsumi was told that her brother refused to become future Clan Head she had mixed feelings about it. At one side she wanted to take this as a opportunity for herself but on the other side she felt like her brother deserved this position more. Of course being women, being selected as next clan head got many opposition but it was soon shot down by Atsumis sharp tone. When the talk about arrangement was started Atsumi wasn't that thrilled. Getting married at her position had both its pros and cons. If she gets married and Kiyoomi supports her she might become strong enough to be Clan Head and bring peace and prosperity and give protection to people who need it. Even this Era where Japan was in outmost peace, women weren't that sought out. 

Many women after and before marriage spent their time in their chambers, doing nothing. Usually this women would write short poems or stories or spend their time reading Haiku poems by Mitsuo Basho. This was also the time ukiyo-e print were produced by Hiroshige and Hakusai which would lead to todays popularity of Manga. 

Atsumi has great respect for Kiyoomi.  She felt like a equal while talking with him and discussing the agreement. May it be through the curtains and they still haven't seen each others faces, they knew that they could still live their lives together. It may have been a arranged marriage between two Future Clan Heads to merge their Clans but that does not mean that they didn't want to have a peaceful marriage life with each other. Yeah it would be stressful at first, always working and barely seeing each other but that does not mean that Love cant bloom. Love is a stubborn little flower and it can grow through the toughest concretes. 

Fast forward to 2 months after. Both the betrothed are soon going to be married. In this 2 months they met and understood each other. Both knew that attraction was there but there was no love. There was respect but no love. It was still a mutual union tho. 

(Okay guys I really don't know how to describe this wedding. But I'll post a link on my profile where you guys can see the beautiful wedding dress and how amazing this weddings are.)

After the wedding the prayer and party happened. ( I don't really know if prayer and party happens or not but I've seen many videos where after wedding a party happens. I don't know if it happens in Edo period but I hope it did.)

Later that night both of them celebrated the wedding by the consummating the marriage.

Next morning everything went back to how it used to be. Both were busy by Guest visiting to congratulate them to Damayo who couldn't attend sending their gifts and regards. It was just like that. Extremely busy. Both being the Clan Head were extremely busy with all the work that came with it. It was tiring but both were used to it. They still talked tho, they drank tea every afternoon and talked about various things. They sometimes just stayed silent besides each other in comfort and didn't talk, listening to nature do all the talking and comfort covering them. Slowly this comfort, respect and attraction started developing into love. The love which helped them be together even after the death of their 3rd son due to an unknown disease. The love which stayed there through thick and thins, where they stayed together next to each other, watching the peace be continued and love be bloomed. Watching their kids get married and take all the burden of duties off their shoulder. The love that stayed there even when they turned Gray and old, buried next to each other. 

They never said the words out loud but both knew that Love was there and it had bloomed a long time ago as the Peace in Tokugawa Period stayed there for decades. Cause love might be a stubborn flower which can grow in any type of concrete but it still need the watering of attraction, Warm sun light of respect and gentle breeze of comfort. 

I hope you guys liked it! I tried my best to keep Tokugawa Period as correct as possible. There might be few things which I changed tad bit to suite the story and I'm sorry if it offends you! Anyways, as you may have seen I'm trying to change the way I write cause....why not. 

Imma be changing more things and start completing the freaking poll cause its upsetting how much I hate looking at that stupid insensitive poll I made. Might delete it as soon as I'm done writing the appropriate stories. 

Thanks for reading 

Love ya💜