Chapter 36

~~~

Ashley's POV—

The warm water running down my body helps me to clear my head of what just happened between me and Evan, it also helps me think properly as well.

With what we just did, it was by far the most intimate thing I've ever done with anyone. I didn't really have the time to process what was happening while it was happening, so I let it happen.

Though, saying it like that probably wasn't the right way to put it.

She made me feel things I didn't know that I could feel—the intensity of how good it felt and then letting the feeling of it all take over me and guide my actions made it even better. I honestly wasn't even aware that someone could make someone else feel that amount of bliss until it happened. 

Don't get me wrong, I know that being intimate with something can feel intense, I just never experienced it for myself until now.

And if there were any doubts about it from the whole swimsuit thing from her birthday...

This just confirmed it.

She is packing quite a bit.

Despite the warm water hitting my skin, shivers run down my spine at the thought of it.

I was able to get a rough estimate on its size while she was grinding into me, and since we wore thin clothing and it didn't take long for things to become more urgent, on occasion I could feel her throb.

But now having the time to actually process it along with everything else...

I don't know how to feel about it.

I've always made it clear to her about whether or not I was ready to do anything intimate with her, and although I was caught off guard with how things escalated, I didn't push her away. That being said, however...

I doubt I'll be comfortable to take things further with her anytime soon.

It's just even more nerve wracking now, honestly.

Sighing, I turn the water off and climb out of the shower to dry off and put my pajamas on.

I walk out of the bathroom and closet after I blow dry my hair—not wanting the water to drop all over the place. When I walk back into my room, I find Evan at her desk, staring down at her homework with her science textbook opened beside her.

She looks up when I walk into our room and offers me a smile as she sits back in her desk chair and moves her wet hair out of her face. "Better?" she asks me.

"Yeah," is all I tell her as I nod, feeling slightly awkward for no apparent reason. "Can we talk, for a second, though?" I blurt out, surprising even myself with how sudden it came out.

"Sure, what's up?" she asks me, giving me her full attention.

"I just um...after what just happened, I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page," I start as I lean against the wall adjacent to her desk. "I don't want to give off the impression that I'm ready to go all the way with you," I clarify after she gives me a confused expression.

She slowly nods, seeming to understand what I'm trying to get at.

"I get that. And as I've already said, I would never force you to do something you're not ready to do...I don't ever want to make you feel uncomfortable...you were comfortable with what we did, though, right? Be honest with me," she says, genuine worry being written all over her face.

"Yeah, I was fine with it," I tell her, fighting the urge to smile, mainly because of how much she cares about my well-being and comfort.

My smile manages to slip out, though.