Chapter 22

~~~

Ashley's POV—

I slowly open my eyes to a brightly lit room. I don't have to actually look out the window to know that the sun is out, shining brightly through the bedroom windows. I kind of can't turn around to look out the window anyway because of the position I'm in.

Spooning.

I never really slept in that particular position with anyone before. Not like I usually share a bed with someone. Until yesterday that is. Twice, I shared a bed with someone so far. Once after my little breakdown, when I practically begged Evan to stay with me. Then again before I went to sleep for the night, when I asked her to sleep with me again.

I mainly asked her to stay with me because, considering where I was before we got to our room, I was on edge a little. And I didn't want to necessarily be alone. Though technically, if she hadn't slept with me, she still only would have been across the room from me, in her own bed.

But.

I don't regret asking it from her, though. It's comforting being like this with her. Even though the fact of us being in this position, being this close to one another, is sinking in even more. Making my face redden as I notice where her hand is.

Her arm is draped over my stomach, which isn't that big of a deal. Or at least it wouldn't make me as nervous if it weren't for that fact that her hand somehow found its way underneath my shirt, touching my skin directly. How I even managed to turn around in her arms in my sleep during the night, I have no idea.

Shivers run down my spine as her fingers twitch a little, slightly tickling me.

I shift around a little, trying to ignore how warm her hand is against my skin. But my face reddens even more so — my ears burn — as I feel her warm breath against the nape of my neck. Sure, my hair is there, blocking her breath from hitting my neck directly, but it still makes my face burn.

But my face burns for two different reasons.

One because of her warm breath hitting my neck.

The other...I shift again, making sure I wasn't imagining it. Almost immediately, Evan lets out a deep groan and she holds onto me tighter, bringing me even closer to her front. Upon determining that I was right about what it was, I tense up a little. I'm sure my face is as red as a tomato by now, I would be surprised if it isn't.

Morning wood.

I've heard of it before. Something about guys waking up with tents in her pants, an easier, gentler way of saying that they wake up with boners. It didn't ever occur to me that Evan would probably deal with the same thing.

Why would it have even occurred to me?

More shivers run down my spine as she thrusts her hips, making it rub against my butt.

"Evan..." I trail off as I try to wake her up. As much as I like her, and believe me I really do, I just want to get away from her right now. No offense to her or anything, again because I really do like her, but she's making me really uncomfortable.

I guess it isn't necessarily her fault. I'm sure she can't control it, but that doesn't mean it makes it ok. I broke up with Andy because he pushed for sex and I wasn't ready at all to take that step with him. Being like this with Evan right now is almost like the same thing.

But not really at the same time.

Seeing that she's not going to wake up that easily, I grab her arm and pinch her skin. She immediately yelps and yanks her arm away from me. She rolls onto her back, away from me. Hesitantly, I sit up and try to look at her, the embarrassment still present on my face, I'm sure.