Chapter 23

Guys who's back, back again! Did you miss me?

~~~

Evan's POV-

"Evan...you need to let me go..." Ashley trails off, her soft laughter filling the air. I only ignore her order and hold onto her tighter, trying to keep her close to me as she tries to wiggle her way out of my grip. I don't know why she's so insistent on leaving me. She doesn't necessarily have to go. She just wants to go.

It's Monday.

Meaning the first day of being suspended from school. Also meaning that while everyone is gone at school or work, or whatever, I'll be stuck home all alone. And you know, that doesn't really sound so bad.

I'll have the house all to myself, for the most part.

No one to bother me or anything.

But.

It'll be like that all week.

A whole week of being home alone from roughly 7 something in the morning to roughly 4 o'clock in the afternoon. And it's not like I can just text my friends or anything like that. They'll be in school too. Or at least they should be.

Shannon will probably kill me if I keep spamming her, mainly if I'm doing it right while she's in the middle of a class.

Alex...

He's chill. He'll probably just roll along with it and try to hide his phone under his desk if I were to text him while he's in class.

"Evan. I'm serious. Let. Me. Go." Ashley begs this time. Upon hearing that tone in her voice, I reluctantly pull away from her, rolling onto my back. She thanks me as I finally let her out of my bed and heads for the closet directly afterwards to get ready for school.

We slept together again last night.

And the night before.

We were in my bed last night though. And quite honestly, just in general, it feels so natural--being that close to her while falling asleep to her even and deep breathing.

She only laughed when her annoying alarm clock went off a few minutes earlier, making me groan because it sounded even louder. But that's probably because, up until a few days ago, I've been asleep on the other side of the room, further away from the little demon. And last night, before we went off to sleep, she plugged in her alarm clock on my nightstand, within a few feet's distance from my ears.

So yeah.
I was a little grumpy and didn't necessarily want Ashley to leave, so of course I was being stubborn about letting her go.

Can you blame me?

I don't even realize that I fell back asleep until Ashley gently shakes my shoulder, waking me back up. Grunting a little, I sit up and face her. She's all dressed and ready for school. Her hair looks soft and fluffy, as usual. Light makeup and her sweet perfume complimenting her well.

And of obviously, she's wearing the school's uniform because that's where she's about to go--school.

"You don't necessarily have to go, you know." I try telling her, yawning a little in the middle of my sentence.

"We've been over this several times, Evan. I have to go to school. It's the start of the new trimester." she tells me, somewhat repeating what she's been telling me every time I tell her she doesn't technically have to go to school.

"It's the start of the new trimester and I'm not going." I tell her, trying to make a point about not having to go today.

"That's because you can't go, Evan. You're suspended, remember." she says as she spins around to walk to her desk. I can only watch as she slips a couple new notebooks into her backpack along with her pencil case and a few folders. She puts on her a school hoodie and another jacket before she gently tosses the backpack over her shoulder and turns around to face me again.