Chapter 2

May or may not have mixed up the name of the school the main characters attend. So to sort it out, the school is Briarwood from here on out.

~~~

Ashley's POV—

The annoying sound of my alarm clock on my phone rings loudly next to me on my nightstand, waking me up instantly. I can only groan as I roll over and quickly turn it off before I force myself to sit up.

I hate Mondays.

Who would like Mondays?

"Fuck, do you always have to set an alarm?" I hear Evan complain from the opposite side of the room. I only roll my eyes at her comment and ignore it as I get myself up so I can start getting ready for school.

I tend to wake up pretty early so I have enough time to shower, get my hair and makeup all situated and get dressed with still a lot of time left over to chill for a bit and say good morning to everyone else before Andy picks me up.

Well, he usually picks me up.

But.

I left his place after he told me he loved me Friday night. I wasn't ready to hear those words from him nor was I even remotely ready to say them. So, what did I do? I ran away because I couldn't say it back to him. I didn't want to hurt him. But I pretty much did when I left suddenly. That and I haven't contacted him since Friday night. He hasn't either.

So I guess I'll find out where we stand today.

I just hope I didn't ruin things with him.

I really like and care about him.

I grab my phone as I pull myself out of bed and head towards the bathroom to take my usual morning shower. As the warm water hits my skin, I forget about my relationship with Andy for a while as it consumes me. After washing my hair and the rest of my body, I hop on out and proceed with the rest of my routine.

At Briarwood, we have uniforms, so I can never wear what I really want to wear. Instead, I'm stuck wearing the school's grey and black plaid skirt, a white blouse, and a black sweater with the schools logo on it. Very generic if you ask me, but I guess I shouldn't complain. I make up for it with how I do my hair and face. So at least I can still rock it even though I have to wear the boring uniform.

Once I apply my sweet perfume, I step aside and check myself out with the full body mirror that's in the walk in closet and smile, seeing as I look my best. My blonde hair is nice and wavy, like always with some bounce in it. My shampoo never fails to do wonders to my hair.

Moving on, my makeup is on point. I went with the more natural look today. Not too much eyeshadow and the right amount of eyeliner. My eyelashes look nice and full. Some light blush and pink colored lip gloss.

Not bad Ashley Daniels.

Not bad at all.

I slip on my school shoes before I walk out of the walk in closet and return to the big room that Evan and I unfortunately share, dodging some of her dirty laundry on my way to my side of the room. I always have to go through her mess if I want to go to the bathroom and walk in closet.

I hate having to share a room with her.

Ok.

Hate's a strong word, even for her.

I really dislike sharing a room with her.

I grab my backpack, phone, airpods, and jacket before I make any move to leave the room. I hear Evan groan from her side of the room and look over towards her, seeing her slowly sitting up with her bedhead hair, wiping away the sleep in her eyes.