Chapter 27

Common reaction of people who are new to an absolute environment is being surprised and I did. Nang makarating kami sa France makalipas ang ilang oras na byahe ay iginiya kami ng isang guard ni Enoch patungo sa panibagong bahay. The house is huge but it's not a mansion.

"Wow, you really have a lot of house, huh?" Manghang sinabi ko nang makapasok kami sa loob ng bahay. He only smiled sheepishly at me.

"This house... regalo ko ito kay Dein noong na-engage kaming dalawa," He chuckled. Napangiti naman ako.

Dein and Enoch are both adventurous. Imbes na manatili sa loob ng bahay ay mas gugustuhin nilang mag-explore sa iba't ibang lugar. They're travellers. Kung hindi nga lang siguro nila ako nakilala ay paniguradong hindi na sila mananatili sa iisang lugar ng matagal para lamang libutin ang buong mundo.

They both love extreme activities. I couldn't forget that day when they brought me to an amusement park. Nakakalula ang mga rides doon pero hindi naman ako nasuka matapos. Hindi nga lang talaga maiwasang mamutla na para kang matatanggalan ng kaluluwa.

"From now on, we will stay in here until Dein has finally recovered."

"Yeah, sure. I would love to explore to a new environment anyway..." I replied.

Matapos niyon ay nagpaalam na akong magpapahinga. I went upstairs to find my own room and when I'm already inside, I quickly slouched myself on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

I'm pretty sure by now that Sariah and Kaye will wonder why am I not around starting later in the morning. I'll just ask Enoch tomorrow to contact them. I needed to tell them that I'm out of the country at sila na muna ang bahala sa clinic. It's rude to just leave them alone when I know for a fact that they couldn't handle it.

But, I trust them both. They could handle it. Hindi ko naman sila mapipiling ka-associate ko kung hindi sila pumasok sa standard ko at sa mga qualities ng pagiging isang vet doctor and a secretary.

I stopped myself from thinking too hard and just decided to sleep. I needed to regain my strength for tomorrow. I'll start searching for work to make myself busy and focus while we're staying here in Paris, France.

People are right when they said that time passes by quickly when you're thinking too much, when you're making yourself busy and too focused to even notice the hands of a clock ticking and counting each passing seconds.

Like a waves of an ocean, I became unbreakable. I had learn so many things while living in Paris, France. I moved on. It's so damn hard at first but I did and up until now, I'm still amazed that I really did moved on.

People says that healing is the most painful part of moving on and they're indeed right. Sobrang sakit na maghilom kaysa sa bagong sugat na natamo dahil alam mong sa punto na naghihilom ka na, para kang ibinabalik sa nakaraan. The memories especially the happiest moments, laugh and smiles together, the frustration venting to one another, the little fights or arguments between each other... you'll miss all of them.

Minsan kapag nakalimot na kasi tayo ng tuluyan, bigla nalang lilitaw ang isang alaala na nagmula pa sa kahapon. We will feel sad again and feel like it's nostalgic remembering what's already long forgotten in our hearts. But actually, it's not the person that we miss because sometimes it's the memories that we shared with each other.

Maybe we do miss the person but it's the memories that kept us together. That's what makes us fit for each other. Right love but at the wrong time or maybe right time but it's a wrong love.

I was busy sipping on my frappe and watching the cars and people wearing their cardigans, sweaters and casual wears as they passed by across the street of the lively and bright street of Paris, France.