Chapter XXVIII: Lord Marvel ~Civil War~

"The Ark of the Covenant can bring dead people back!?" asked Lei.

"Yeah!" smiled Lord.

Everyone from Weeb Town is in the coffee shop listening to Lord's story.

Rick squints his eyes. "Okay... Where did you learn this information from?"

Lord smiles and gives him a paper written in Latin.

The last words written in it was the word, "Resurrectionem."

"And... where did you find this?" asked Rick.

"From... the Grimm Diaries!" Lord smiled nervously.

Rick brushes his nearly-grown beard as he squinted his eyes, staring at Lord with suspicion.

"That's pretty fucking sus, Lord," said Zed.

"Yeah? Well, it's all true! It says here that we can bring them all back! Jessica! Mom! Your mom! Your brother! Everyone you've ever lost! Rick! You've lost someone, right?"

Rick's eyes quivered. "Tch-... Fine. What do we need."

"We need one of the Arks. That's it," said Lord. "If we do this, we could bring just about anyone back!"

"Are... you sure what you're doing, Lord?" asked Lei.

"Yes, I am! A hundred percent sure, even!" smiled Lord. "We can bring anyone we lost back!"

"This'll be treason," said Van. "We'll all get arrested by the state over this."

"But it's for a good cause! He'll understand! We'll just sneak in there and borrow it!" smiled Lord.

"Lord... that's stealing from the Government," said Lei. "We can't just waltz in there and steal a prized artifact that can destroy the entire Universe."

"They won't know! Trust me!" smiled Lord.

"Lord, please... This is dangerous," said Lei, standing up. "We have no idea what the Ark is capable of. And Miguel knows just about everything that happens in the seven worlds."

"They won't know!" smiled Lord.

"Lord, listen!" yelled Morty.

"Look..." said Lord.

"I don't think that's such a good idea..." said Star.

"I NEED THE GODDAMNED ARK!!!" Lord slammed the table.

Everyone stared at Lord.

"If I don't have that Ark, I won't be able to bring back my mother..." said Lord. "Everyone here lost people..."

Everyone bows their heads in contemplation.

Ryle sighs.

Lei's eyes quivered.

Star clenched her fists.

Zed crosses his arms and looked away.

Yang facepalms.

Celine hides her face on the table.

Van covers his eyes with his hat.

Morty looks at Rick, who drinks from his flask.

Steven's eyes quivered as well.

Do'Bumsha sneers.

Lord sighs. "I'm only trying to bring our families back... Everything we are... everything we've become... We're a family! I don't want to have anyone take it away from us! We need to work together to bring everyone we've lost back!"