Chapter XXV: Hell in a Bucket~Lord of the Things~

1 year ago...

Gumball, Anais, and Darwin throw the tinfoil hat into the junkyard's smelter. They each cheer "Hooray!!!" out of happiness, sigh in relief and walk away. The trio walks away speaking about how awesome they just were.

Suddenly, a man teleports at the edge of the melted lava and grabs the bucket with gauntlets in his hand. It's...

Miguel JoJo?

"Hm..." said Miguel. Miguel speaks to his recorder. "Log 10567. Gumball told me about the lucky helmet they threw into the smelter. I acquired the helmet via my Star Platinum. It is also infected with the Stand Bacteria."

Star Platinum, wearing gauntlets, brings the helmet out, and somehow, the helmet is completely fine.

"It emits dark matter and quantum energies similar to Josuke's Prince that bend causality and luck according to the User's will," said Miguel. "I could very well use this for my research."

Miguel pops out of reality and returns to the present day...

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" asked Darwin.

The Jazz Fusion sneak into the Reapercave and check something out.

They look around in the gadgetry section, seeing multiple devices The Reaper had made.

"Whoa..." said Darwin. 

"Why do I feel... ominous?" asked Gumball. Gumball eats cookies from his pocket.

"Here it is! The thing we need to destroy!" smiled Josuke, pointing to an object on a small desk in the middle of the room under a cylinder glass.

The Helmet.

"My... precious..." whispered Gumball in a terrifying hissing whisper.

"What?" asked Josuke.

"What?" asked Gumball.

Later...

Josuke tries to use Prince to tear the helmet into pieces, but the helmet doesn't break.

"-ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!!!" yelled Prince, as Josuke pants out of exhaustion. 

The Jazz Fusion is in the cafe.

"Okay," said Josuke. "It seems that Prince can't uh... penetrate the luck barrier of this thing... Whatever it's made of."

Josuke puts it on and is unamused. "Nothing's happening."

"You have no idea what power that helmet has, fool!!!" hissed and growled Gumball.

"What?" asked Josuke.

Suddenly, an assassin charges toward Josuke with a dagger but slips on a banana peel and slams into the window, shattering the glass as he falls on the feet of a cop. "GET DOWN!!! DOWN ON THE GROUND!!! DOWN ON THE GROUND, NOW!!!"

Josuke, confused, raises his eyebrow.

"See!?" asked Gumball who was hissing and growling.

"Gumball, we're both normally lucky, though," said Josuke.

"Yes... But with the helmet, our luck will be unstoppable... While my luck only saves me from harm, with that helmet... I'll be unstoppable!!!" hissed Gumball, growling.

The whole team looks at Gumball with concern.

"I mean... we'll be unstoppable!" smiled Gumball in his normal voice. "Hehe!"