Chapter 8

I wake up from the nap I was taking in a bed that was actually comfortable. I get up and stretch. "Time to take a shower," I say to myself.

I get out of bed, grab a towel, sports bra, spandex and one of JJs hoodies.

I go into my bathroom, and turn the water to the temperature I like, and hoping that the bandages on my wrist stay on. The doctor said that u should keep it on for today and most of tomorrow, just to make sure nothing would get in it and affect them.

I get into the warm water and let it go around my body, and flow down my hair. It feels nice and relaxing, something I'm glad to have now.

After I wash my body and hair, I step out and dry off my body. I put on the spandex, followed by my sports bra. I put on JJs hoodie, and dry my hair then brush it, putting it into a messy bun.

I put on my glasses, and walk out of my bathroom and put my towel into the hamper. I walk down stairs to see Toby over.

"Hey," I smile, walking over to hug her.

She gladly hugs me back, "happy to see that smile."

I chuckle. "So whatcha doin over here?"

"Just thought I'd stop by and visit. See how you're doing."

"Thanks," I smile. "So where's JJ?"

"Hey went to go get you your pills. We forgot them."

I nod my head, "hows Jack?"

Toby seems taken back by my words, before she coughs. A fake one. She's hiding something from me about Jack. "He's, um. He's good."

"What are you hiding from me?"

"Hiding something? What no. Never."

I look her straight in the eyes. She avoids eye-contact the whole time, until ours meet for a second. She sighs, "he's dating Gabby again."

I swear my heart stops. "Oh." Is all I manage to get out. I thought she was going to say that he was going to surprise me or something. Oh who am I kidding? We're talking about Jack Gilinsky here, he isn't going to 'surprise me'.

"This is why I didn't want to tell you, you're just going to get all sad again."

"No, okay. No. I'm going to let him live his life how he wants to. I'm not going to stop his choices, he obviously doesn't care.